GO AHEAD PART 11

Ling Xiao asks Ming Yue to take care of Jian Jian for him. Both the boys left. But Jian Jian refuses to come back from her grandmother’s place to send them off. She is sad and angry. Jian Jian also doesn’t like it that others are saying that her father has raised ungrateful boys. She begins to feel that Ling Xiao and Zi Qiu are not family to begin with.

Jian Jian doesn’t want to take his brothers’ calls until her father makes her see that what they are doing is out of necessity. She understands and but finds it hard to let go. Eventually, she keeps in touch with them but is also disappointed that Ling Xiao has another younger sister whom he cares about.

Time passes and it is 2012. Jian Jian has entered college and studying sculpturing. They still keep in touch but have become distant. Jian Jian is not very keen to talk to Ling Xiao and Zi Qiu whenever they call. She is further disappointed when Zi Qiu decides not to come back after graduation but stays on to learn new skills. Ling Xiao will ask about Jian Jian through Ming Yue.

After graduation, Jian Jian opens a woodworking studio with her senior, Du Juan. Ling Xiao is taking up internship in Singapore for a further 2 years. He tells Jian Jian that his mother still needs him. She is disappointed but keeps quiet about it. Time flies and they don’t miss each other anymore with each having their own busy lives to lead.

It’s 2018.

Jian Jian is 25 years old. Tang Can returns from Beijing with her hopes of being a star dashed. Jian Jian, Ming Yue, and Tang Can become housemates.