GO AHEAD PART 2

Neighbors visits Chen Ting and advise her about her relationship with her husband. Chen Ting kicks up a fuss when He Ping returns from work and accuses him of talking about their family affairs with neighbors. Ling Xiao is sitting on the stairways as his parents quarrel. Jian Jian invites him to her place to have dinner. After dinner, she returns him his family photo that his mother had thrown away. He is taught to forget his sister but Jian Jian shows him that he could quietly keep her in his heart. Jian Jian also misses her mother but pretends no to to ease her father's pain.

Before long, it becomes a habit for Ling Xiao to join Jian Jian and her father for meals. One day, He Mei calls Hai Chao to borrow money. She claims her mother is sick in the countryside and leaves Zi Qiu with him. Zi Qiu readily addresses Hai Chao as father. Jian Jian hates his presence at first and bullies him. But Zi Qiu will always indulge her.

Chen Ting discovers the family photo and beats Ling Xiao. He Ping slaps her to make her stop. Their daughter died because she choked on a pecan when Ling Xiao was looking after her while Chen Ting was playing mahjong with friends. Chen Ting couldn't get over it and finally, leaves the family. He Ping is grateful to Hai Chao for taking care of Ling Xiao while he works. Both men have their regrets but know they have to soldier on for the kids. The 3 kids end up growing up together.

It's 2009.

Jian Jian is entering high school. Hai Chao asks Ling Xiao and Zi Qiu to look after Jian Jian at school since they are 2 grades higher.