GO AHEAD PART 33

Ming Yue’s parents have a big disagreement over the apartment purchase with divorce being brought up. Tang Can’s relationship with her mother improves as she takes up a stable job. She is now contented with her life. Du Juan has an argument with Zhou Miao. Mei Ying picks up Ling Xiao’s birthday cake from Zi Qiu’s cafe. She insists on paying him for the cake on Chen Ting’s instructions which leaves Zi Qiu flabbergasted.

During the birthday dinner, Zi Qiu sends a message to Jian Jian that he will not be coming. Chen Ting makes things awkward for everyone when she drops the message that Ling Xiao is her son and not Hai Chao’s. Mei Ying tells Jian Jian that both her and her mother don’t like her one bit when they bump into each other in the toilet. During the car ride back to the hotel, Ling Xiao tells his mother that she should go back to Singapore soon with Mei Ying. But Chen Ting still wants to hang around for a while more. When Ling Xiao returns home, Jian Jian and Zi Qiu celebrate his birthday with him again.

He Mei’s Story
Hai Chao drops by to see He Mei. He feels that He Mei is hiding things from him and he wants the truth. He Mei tells him that 2 months after arriving in Shenzhen, she was arrested for causing a client’s death. The client was injuring a colleague for the allergic she suffered following a beauty treatment. He Mei tried to help but the client died after falling and hitting her head. She was jailed for 4 years.

He Lan visited her in jail. He Mei wrote the letter to give Zi Qiu to Hai Chao. She asked He Lan to tell Hai Chao that she didn’t want Zi Qiu anymore and encourage Zi Qiu to forget his mother. He Mei was afraid Hai Chao wouldn’t want to take care of Zi Qiu if the guardianship is only temporary. Hai Chao advises He Mei that Zi Qiu has a right to know the truth. He also tells her that no matter how good a father he is, there is a missing piece in Zi Qiu’s heart that he cannot fill.At the same time, He Lan tells Zi Qiu the truth about his mother when he visits He Lan’s husband at the hospital. He Lan then calls Hai Chao to let him know what she has done