GO AHEAD PART 24

Ling Xiao has a nightmare about his mother coming back to accuse him of abandoning her and his sister. He hugs Jian Jian for comfort. Ling Xiao tells Jian Jian that it is Mei Ying who convinces his mother to let him come back.

Jian Jian scrapes her knee and the conversation turns to an incident when she fell down the stairs back in high school. She tells them that she lied about being pushed to avoid being scolded by her father. Zi Qiu is frustrated as he thought it was Hao Guang’s doing and he left partly because he was afraid that his biological father would hurt Jian Jian after sabotaging her father’s noodle shop. Jian Jian is at a loss over the affections of her 2 brothers.

He Mei looks for Hai Chao at his noodle shop. Mrs. Qian recognizes her. He Mei asks Hai Chao about Hao Guang as she feels her ex-husband wouldn’t let go of Zi Qiu so easily. She also gives Hai Chao her friend’s contact who could help Zi Qiu as she could see that his cafe isn’t doing too well. However, He Mei doesn’t want Zi Qiu to know. She tells Hai Chao that she owes Zi Qiu.

Quarrels
Ming Yue still wants to move out after talking to Jian Jian. She is angry with herself and needs time to overcome her own inadequacies. Hence, she asks Jian Jian not to pressure her. Jian Jian feels miserable over their friendship.

Tang Can quarrels with her mother when she goes to attend her birthday meal. Her mother lies to relatives about her work to cover her lack of achievement. Back home, Jian Jian and Tang Can have a tiff as well when Jian Jian tells Tang Can to consider doing something else rather than be an online seller. Tang Can thinks Jian Jian is looking down on her.

Jian Jian feels frustrated and goes over to Ling Xiao’s place to calm down. Ling Xiao kisses her on the lips to make her forget her troubles. She is shocked and runs back to her unit. Ming Yue’s mother orders her to move back home permanently to concentrate on taking the civil service exams. She doesn’t like her hanging out with Tang Can whom she sees as a failure. Ming Yue is angry.