GO AHEAD PART 34

Hai Chao tells He Mei that Zi Qiu has found out the truth. Jian Jian and Ling Xiao rush to accompany Zi Qiu. Zi Qiu actually feels a little relieved that he was not abandoned. There is also nothing to forgive as he doesn’t hate He Mei. Later, he tells Hai Chao that he will not do anything about his mother. Hai Chao understands his feelings.

Ling Xiao suggests to Jian Jian that they should get married. But Jian Jian is non-committal. Ming Yue’s mother rummages through her daughter’s drawers for the document needed to buy the apartment. She finds that Ming Yue has not been studying for the civil service entrance exam and they end up quarreling. Ming Yue makes it clear that she wants to be a journalist and go to Beijing. She accuses her mother of controlling her and she had purposely got a lower mark for her exams to avoid being qualified to do law as her mother wanted.

Jian Jian tries to calm Ming Yue’s mother who asks her to pass her daughter a message that she doesn’t care anymore what Ming Yue wants to do. Ming Yue immediately applies to go to Beijing.

Zhuang Bei is at Zi Qiu’s place. He meets Tang Can again and tries to cheer her up when she seems unhappy for being looked down upon by Ming Yue’s mother and also worrying about her weight. He Mei drops by Hai Chao’s noodle shop. His worker records their meeting and sends it to Jian Jian. He Mei thinks Hai Chao is right and she should show more concern towards Zi Qiu. Jian Jian shows Zi Qiu the recording but he is not interested to know what is going on between them.

Mei Ying calls Ling Xiao about their mother.