vi.

hi everyone, i hope you're staying safe and happy. also hope you're enjoying the chapters. this one is a little long but i thought it was really important to introduce Iyanla. she's honestly one of my favorites and hopefully, you guys get a few laughs from her. for visuals, the picture above is how i imagined Aira's dress when i was writing this chapter. thank you so much for all the love and feel free to leave comments if there is something, in particular, you'd like to see in Aira's and Elien's story. sending lots of love <3

Aira

It has been five days since their encounter and Aira's mind is still racing. She has tried so hard to forget him and just when she thought she succeed, he had to walk back into her life again.

When she saw him, she'd felt so guilty about all the times she wasn't there for him. To be frank, he looked exhausted and haunted, but in his own beautiful way.

She remembered as he rode away and she stood frozen, not knowing what to think. A feeling that she almost never felt. She didn't even know if he looked back.

Her mind went back to picking out her dress. There is a charity ball tonight, the one that only makes rich people look generous and doesn't actually give back to the cause. Aira's parents had forced her to go as she was going to take over their company in a few year's time. Your image has to be flawless, dear. Her mother had said.

She is on the phone with one of her closest friends, Iyanla. They have been friends since childhood, having met at one of the gala's Iyanla's parents hosted. All the children were put in a penthouse hotel with their nannies while the parents flattered each other incessantly and drank wine in the grandiose ballroom.

They remained friends ever since and consider each other sisters as both of them don't have other sisters. They can share laughs, cries, and obstacles as their lives are very similar. Iyanla's parents own one of the largest oil tycoons in North Africa and the Middle East while Aira's parents found success in technology in Europe before moving to New York City. Aira doesn't know what she would do without her.

"I really have nothing to wear!" Iyanla exclaims into the speaker.

"She says with only two closets dedicated to eveningwear," Aira says sarcastically. Iyanla clearly doesn't get the joke.

"So you understand!" She says clearly frustrated. Aira chuckles and looks around her room at the options she has laid out on her bed. "Do you know what you're wearing yet?" Iyanla asks as if reading her mind.

"No! That's why I called you, you know everything about these events."

"Girl, please... well yeah I do, I'm not even going to deny it," Aira hears a weird shuffling noise on Iy's end of the line, "I gotta go now though, my hairstylist just came!"

"I-what? Iy, you're not going to leave me hopeless like this are you?" Aira is a little frantic, Iyanla never acts like this.

"Bye-bye!" Iy exclaims through the speaker and hangs up. Aira groans as she places her phone on the bedside table.

Seconds later, a loud crash comes from behind her door. Aira jumps and quickly goes toward the door to open it.

To her absolute surprise, Iyanla stands outside her door carrying multiple Christian Louboutin shopping bags, just having dropped two of them, with her stylist, a rack full of clothing, and her whole team behind them.

"Surprise!" She practically shouts, trying and failing to hug Aira while more shopping bags fall around them, "You didn't actually think I was going to leave your helpless ass, I mean look at this mess," She gestures toward Aira's room. Aira chuckles and Iyanla opts for a kiss on both cheeks instead.