Assignment 12 - Episode 3

Meanwhile, Sapphire and Steel carried on walking along the corridor, looking through every doorway they went past.

"I just hope the others are having more luck than us." Steel grumbled.

"Yes... I just hope-" Sapphire cut herself off mid sentence and came to a halt as she stared into one of the doorways.

"Sapphire?" Steel said as he looked at her in slight concern.

Else where, Moonstone and Tin were investigating the private areas, or rather what a human would call "bedrooms". Moonstone ran around looking in every single room, mostly because she wanted to find the others, but partly because she just wanted to be nosy. 

"Anything?" Tin said as he peeped his head around the doorway and looked in dismay at Moonstone, who was happily standing in the middle of Diamond's quarters. Tin is completely opposite from Moonstone, he believes in privacy deeply, hence, he pulled her out straight away.

"Nothing." Moonstone smiled.

"What on Earth were you doing just standing in there like that?" Tin asked her.

"Well I was looking for the others." Moonstone smugly answered.

"But you were just standing in the middle of Diamond's-"

"How else was I supposed to look? Peep my head around the doorway?" She asked back rhetorically.

Tin looked at her for a moment before letting out a sigh and dragging her along to another room.

Gold and Ruby were also not having much luck, wandering aimlessly outside.

"If they are out here, we could be looking for ages." Ruby crossed her arms.

"Come now Ruby, that's very defeatist!" Gold gave her a pat on the shoulder. "I'm sure we'll find them, now, you keep looking here, I'll be back shortly." He said as he disappeared in a flash of bright yellow light.

Back with Sapphire and Steel, Sapphire was still looking menacingly into the doorway. Steel stepped forward to see what she was staring at.

"...Jet?" Steel whispered to Sapphire.

Sapphire shook her head in reply "I don't understand."

"What?" 

"There's something not right." Sapphire said in a low voice.

"What do you mean?" Steel asked.

"Do you feel that? That feeling of... unease..."

"Yes.." Steel replied. "Let's go and investigate, shall we?" Sapphire nodded and approached the room along with Steel.

"Jet?" Sapphire queried as she look at her with slight suspicion.

"Oh, oh thank goodness." Jet replied looking at the pair.

"What are you doing here?" Steel asked her.

"I'm so glad you two are here..." She told them with relief.

"What are you doing here?" Steel asked her again, with a slightly raised voice.

"I'm... I'm hiding, if you must know." Jet confessed to the pair.

"Hiding?" Sapphire asked with curiosity.

"From what, exactly?" Steel questioned.

Jet fiddled with her fingers nervously "From.. something..."

"You don't know what you're hiding from?" Steel asked bluntly.

"Not exactly... but... that's what we've just been told to do." She replied.