Assignment 12 - Episode 8 (FINALE)

Gold had appeared to vanish in a cloud of gold and yellow sparkles. Sapphire hoped in her mind he just teleported away, but deep down knew this wasn't the case, as the man watched the sparkles fade away with satisfaction. 

Diamond looked on in a mix of confusion, anger and sadness before taking action almost immediately. 

"Diamond no! You must stay back!" Sapphire ordered.

"Take back time Sapphire! Bring him back! We need him!" Steel called to her.

Sapphire blinked hard and stood up straight. Her eyes began to glow an iridescent blue.

The man simply grinned as the woman came to join him, still holding the box firmly in his grip.

"Sapphire be careful." Steel told her telepathically.

"I don't think she's strong enough." Jet remarked.

"You would know all about that. Opening up windows to let them crawl back through, we should give you to them!" Diamond snapped aggressively, mostly of grief. 

"Hey! Don't talk to her like that!" Radium ran over in Jet's defence. "She didn't know this was going to happen." 

"But something's wrong." Lead also joined in whilst tossing away another transient man. "Why did she wait?"

"What?" Jet said, stunned. She knows Lead doesn't usually like to get involved in a group disagreement.

"That's a good point." Diamond crossed her arms. "Why did you wait? You let them in, you knew they were coming, or at least, you should of known. Why did you wait?"

The discussion came to an end as the transient man walked over casually whilst looking at Sapphire. 

"There's nothing you can do you know." The woman snarled at Sapphire.

"Leave her alone." Steel pushed in between them and Sapphire, standing defensively in front of her.

Meanwhile, Tin, Moonstone and the transient child were still standing together in silence, their debate had come to a halt. 

"So that's it then, they just want certain ones of us?" Tin asked. The transient child nodded in a sad manner.

"But why? What good am I? I'm still in training." Moonstone asked in a confused tone.

"It's because of your potential apparently." The child answered.

"Her potential? What do you mean?" Tin butted in worriedly.

"It's.. when her powers develop..." The child continued. "I can see it. Her powers are going to be very strong... being mentored by... Sapphire..."

"Wha-" Moonstone shook her head in disbelief. "How do you know this?" She asked.

"I can see the future. It's a blessing and a curse." She sighed.

"Wow..." Tin gasped. "That must be some responsibility." 

"I suppose so yes." The child nodded.

"Wait..." Tin paused. "You can tell us what happens! You can! Tell us whether we'll all be okay, alive and well."

The child anxiously looked at him. "I'm not sure I can..."

"Please." Moonstone begged. "Please you must tell us."

"Alright... I'll try..." She stuttered as she nervously stood up.

The child gave a signal to Moonstone and Tin to stand clear. She closed her eyes and put her hands against her forehead. Moonstone and Tin looked at each other apprehensively.