1 • Are You Okay?

I walked down the street gripping my jacket close to my sides in the early morning. While the sky was a beautiful orange-pink colour I decided to take a walk while my boyfriend was still sound asleep. I keep my head down as a few other people pass me in fear of judgment of my messy brown curls and puffy eyes from sleep. I passed the cafe near my boyfriends apartment and can't help but listen to the many conversations taking place amongst many people up early to get to work in the morning. I continued to walk until I felt my body crash into somebody much larger and I stumbled back a little in surprise.

I quickly looked up, ready to start apologising but my words were taken out of my mouth and I couldn't speak at all. I just looked, and so did he.

This boy's eyes were like oceans, drawing me in and warming my soul, they were gorgeous and the most comforting blue of all. He looked back shyly before he spoke.

"I'm terribly sorry. Are you okay?" He asked a little shaky. It wasn't hard to tell he was nervous but I couldn't blame him after he crashed into some 5'7 woman rushing down the street.

"Oh, it was my fault. I should have watched where I was going." I felt blood rushing to my cheeks when he glances down at my lips momentarily and out of blatant embarrassment of course.

"What's your name?" He asked, I was caught by surprise with his question but I answered.

"My name is Addison." I responded.

"I'm James." He said while a coy smile crept onto his face. He reached forward his hand for me to shake and I giggled a little while shaking it. His hand was rough.

He didn't let go of my hand for what felt like the longest time but I didn't want him to. I stared at him, he stared at me. It was quiet and we studied each other very carefully like we'd never seen a human being before.

"Well I better get going now." I say and looked down again, dreading that he had to see my morning face.

"Of course." He says and steps aside. "Have a good day Addison." He tells me and I respond with a polite "you too" before I went back to Jeremy's apartment.

Something about James made me think about him a little longer than I think I should have. His long wavy blonde hair and tight denim jeans with a simple band t-shirt, I've never been around many who dressed that way, I guess. He made me curious.

2 weeks later...
"I'm so excited. I saw a show of theirs months ago and they kicked ass!" My friend exclaimed as she waited for the band to take the stage, I watched her unimpressed. I had very specific taste in what I listened to whereas Lana listened to everything from Prince to Sabbath, so it'd either be really awesome or really disappointing.

We got a drink at the bar before the show would start and as we sit, her eyes widened and she stared past my head and suddenly she slapped my arm.

"Ouch!" I hiss and her mouth just dropped.

"Holy fucking shit that's the guitarist of the band. Dave Mustaine!" She whisper shouts and continued hitting my arm.

"Hit me again and that hand's going up your ass." I say annoyedly before slowly turning around to take a look at this so called guitarist.

"Oh sorry." I hear her laugh while I observed the man with long orange hair drinking beer after beer.

Suddenly a shorter long haired dude, dressed similar to the man came to him and seemed to look pissed.

"Come on man, fuck!" He said annoyed but with a funny accent that made his pronunciation of fuck sound like "Fock". I smiled all alone, then I was dragged back to my conversation with Lana.