27 • With Me

Life continued on. I kept working and James finally agreed to start looking for the new bassist to Metallica. His drinking had sort of slowed but he was still having issues with it nonetheless. Nobody was over Cliff, it still hurt like shit but James was starting to close, he would never talk about it anymore, he kept it all inside and acted like he was okay. I think that terrified me most. Especially when he exploded on people due to keeping it in for so long. I'd never seen him in such a terrible state and it broke me to see it. I just wanted him and the guys to be okay. Nobody took it good. Obviously.

I wiped over the counter a customer had just been sitting at before going back to grab a pot of coffee.

Being a waitress wasn't too bad. I had plenty of guys hitting on me all the time but I tried my best to ignore it. James was here visiting me at work the other day when a guy made a comment and James didn't take it too good, it was sort of funny but I didn't like him causing a scene. I needed this job to support me and James and to keep our apartment.

After I finished my shift it was closing time so I helped my work friend to lock up the cafe. Then we went separate ways. James always offered me his car but I really liked to walk, I've never walked home this late though which is a little terrifying but the street seemed pretty empty.

I wonder what James is doing now, I hope he didn't get drunk with the guys. He's hard to deal with when he's drunk and his moods vary between vulnerable and a complete asshole.

I'd been walking for quite some time now when I realized the same car had been circling near me for a while now. I didn't look at it, hoping if I ignored it it would go away but I had a terrible feeling inside me. Fear was strangling me.

I kept my head down and I heard the car stop. Fuck. I walked faster when I heard the door to the car opening and closing. My heart was in my throat, beating in my ears.

In that moment I wished for James, I just wanted to be with him where I felt safe.

I heard steps. My knees became weak. They got closer and closer until I felt my wrist being tugged backwards and I let out a shriek before a hand came over my mouth. I tried to scream and I tried to get out of this persons grasp but they held me tight to their body.

"Shut up." The person grunted through gritted teeth and my whole body shuddered. The voice sounded oddly familiar. "I'll let you go if you be quiet." He whispered as a car passed, not noticing me at all.

My whole body was trembling and tears stung my eyes. My mind raced with a million thoughts, all thoughts related to this man and what he planned to do. I didn't make a noise and their big hand slowly moved away from my mouth.

I stayed still and they slowly released me. I didn't move and I didn't make a sound, I wasn't going to be stupid.

"Turn around." He said and I slowly turned, my lips trembled as I looked into his eyes.

Jeremy...

"Look at you." He quietly chuckled as more tears fell off my cheeks. "Don't look at me like that... I didn't want to scare you. Don't cry, it'll be okay." He said, taking a step closer and reaching a hand up to wipe my face.

I flinched but I didn't try to stop him.

I forgot all about Jeremy since Cliffs passing. I forgot he moved here, I forgot I didn't tell James... fuck, James.

"Speak." He demanded, his eyes darker than before and still so hard to read.

"W-why are you here?" I stuttered, my voice still shaking with fear. I had no clue what he was capable of. He terrified me.

"I came to see you... you look beautiful." He smiled weakly before tucking my hair being my ear. I only liked it when James did that, I just wanted to be with him right now.

"How did you k-know where I was?" I asked, my body feeling cold and numb as I stared back at him.

"You really think I wouldn't find out where you work?" He giggled and pinched my cheek as if I was a child.

This made me wonder what else he knew. Did he know where I lived with James?

"W-what do you want?" I cried and his eyebrows came together.

"Oh baby... you know what I want. I just want you... maybe a kid or two... a wife... maybe a dog and a lake house. What do you say?" He smirked and my insides shivered once again.

"I can't give you that, you need to find somebody else." I tried speaking calmly but all I wanted to do was scream at him and hit him. I hated him.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that... I'm sure you'd hate to see something happen to that pretty blonde boy toy of yours." He said, grinning widely as he could see my physical discomfort in what he said.

"Not James..." I shook my head.

"I know where he lives... where his friends live. If you don't want anything bad to happen I'd think you better come with me."

"W-what? No... please. I want to go home." I began shaking my head and backing away, my whole body aching with fear and pain.

He came towards me and grabbed me again to which I tried to push him away but he lifted me up. He was far bigger than me. I kicked and I tried to scream but his mouth came back over my mouth. I couldn't move my arms any longer. He opened the door to his backseat and he threw me roughly.

I hit my head on the opposite door and the world was suddenly spinning. I tried to make another sound as the door shut but my world soon turned black.