Chapter Two (Riptide POV)

Riptide dipped his wings and soared through the air. He had left Nautilus in charge of the Talons Of Peace -much to the disappointment of Squid- and now he was going to visit Tsunami. He could see the tip of Jade Mountain in the distance as he remembered the last time he had seen Tsunami.

Clay roared in pain and Glory yelled, "DEATHBRINGER, GET DOWN HERE!" Riptide saw more dragons fly down to join the Dragonets of Destiny and made up his mind.

A moment later, Riptide was helping Tsunami hold Clay's shoulders and head steady and away from Peril's burning talons. Tsunami gave Riptide a grateful look that warmed his heart and rested her head onto his shoulders. Then, Peril had sat up, "That's all of it I think. It better be. I don't see anymore venom, do you?" Then everyone had sat up confused, grateful and happy all at the same time, Peril stomped onto the snake and Blister had stalked her way towards her. Then everything else happened so fast and before Riptide knew it, the courtyard was filled with SandWings.

Riptide felt a dragon wriggle under his wing and looked down to see Tsunami smiling at him tiredly. Riptide curled his wing around her, and to his delight, she didn't flinch or pull away. They sat there watching the SandWings rejoice silently and just enjoyed each others' company. "Tsunami," Riptide started nervously. 

"Yes, Riptide?" Tsunami replied looking up.

"I'm sorry I lied to you about being a Talon and about Webs. Could you forgive me?"

Riptide held his breath as Tsunami hesitated then replied, "I'm sorry Riptide, but I just need a bit of time to think about this." Riptide nodded, not trusting himself to speak as Tsunami continued. "I hated Webs, but you're not anything like him, and, well, I guess I just need a bit more time. I think Sunny's going to try and build a school for dragonets of all different tribes at Jade Mountain, so you can come to visit anytime you like."

Riptide wasn't surprised that she didn't invite him to come with her, but it still made him sad. "Of course. Thanks, Tsunami." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Your welcome, Squid-brain."

Riptide landed at a tunnel entrance and peeked inside. Just then, Sunny ran out with another SandWing and nearly collided with him. Sunny gave him a surprised glance and quickly turned to the SandWing, "Good luck, and tell her to come as soon as possible."

The SandWing nodded, flew off, and Sunny turned back to Riptide. "Hello, Riptide! Are you here to visit Tsunami?" Riptide was startled to hear the worry in her voice.

"Yes. Where is she? Is she ok?" Riptide replied.

"Well," Sunny hesitated, "I'll show you."