chapter two • they were scary, in a pretty way

Y/n's Pov
I don't know what's happening. I don't feel like myself right now. But why does this have to happen to me? Why do I feel so alone?

I'm just sitting here. Sobbing quietly to myself. Am I actually going to go through with this? Is this the best decision? I'm not sure. But it seems like a very peaceful way to die. I could finally feel a sense of relief and maybe even happiness.

I'll just sit here for now. We'll just have to see what happens. I'm sitting here trying to remember all of my favorite things. The little things that made me happy. The smell of vanilla and coffee beans. The feeling of a nice fall day where you just want to go out and ride your bike for hours. Waking up on a sunny morning feeling refreshed and happy. Looking forward to the day. I haven't felt like that in years.

I'm swinging my feet as the harsh wind is blowing my hair. I'm looking forward at the sunset. Add that to the list. I love the sunset. its beautiful. No matter which combination of colors its always gorgeous. I wish I could be like the sunset. Pretty no matter what.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jump and look up. I see a familiar tall redhead looking down at me with concern.

"Please. Get down"

I return my gaze to the sunset. I know he's trying to help but I don't want to be helped. He's probably doing this for a sense of self satisfaction

"go" I say. He doesn't even care anyways.

"Not until you get down"

I didn't reply. I figured he would stand there for a few more seconds then walk away but to my surprise he sits next to me. This scares me.

"What are you doing??" I say. I'm actually getting worried. I don't want this to involve him. I don't want anyone else to get hurt. No one else.

"I told you I'm not leaving until you get down"

fuck it.

"fine"

We both got up and I realized that he was a lot taller than I anticipated. I look down at the concrete. Why hasn't he left yet. He's done his job. I got down.

"Hey"

I look up into his red eyes. They were kind of scary, but in a pretty way.

"Why don't we get something to eat?"

Why? Why are you trying to get close to me? Why are you trying to help me feel better? Its not helping. You're just doing this for yourself. That's how everyone is. They only care about themselves. They are all selfish. They all crave self satisfaction.

"I'm not hungry" I don't want to deal with anymore selfish people.

"Please" But something about his eyes told me he was actually trying to help. They told me he cared. Will this be worth the pain? Maybe. I gave in.

"okay"

•small time skip•
We stay silent for most of the walk. I see him glance over to me a couple times. The amount of tension I'm feeling. God what's wrong with me. I pretend not to notice. Both things, that is. I realize I'm shivering and I guess he does too because he starts to take off his jacket.

"Stop" I said knowing what he was doing

"But you're cold"

"No I'm not" okay this was a huge lie because the wind picked up and it felt like it dropped ten degrees and I'm freezing my ass off right now.

"Too bad" he gave me his jacket and smiled. I actually felt really grateful and gave him a small, genuine smile.

"Thanks"

"No problem!" He said with a big smile on his face. Wow. Hes kind of cute.

STOP. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. WHY ARE YOU GETTING ATTACHED. EVERYONE LEAVES SO NEVER GET ATTACHED.

We walk in silence the rest of the way. But this time it wasn't tense or awkward, it was more comfortable.

We end up finding a McDonalds and decide to go there. I'm actually not that hungry so I get a vanilla shake. He gets chicken nuggets and a sprite.
I tried paying but he didn't let me.

We find a booth and I just start sipping on my shake.

"So what's your name?"

oh shit I forgot about that

" y/n l/n" I replied "yours?"

"I'm Satori Tendou"

"Wait do you go to Shiratorizawa Academy?" That name sounded extremely familiar.

"Yeah! I play on the volleyball team!" So that's where I recognized him from "Do you? You look familiar"

"Yep! And I thought the same thing."

There was silence for a while and it was kind of awkward. He seemed like a very talkative person but he seems to be thinking about something quietly to himself

"Hey if you don't want to talk about what happened we don't have to but if you do, I'm here for you. I'll listen."

Why is he trying to help me.
Why is he trying to help me if he's just going to leave. Just like how they all leave.

"I'd rather not talk about it...."

"Okay! that's completely fine! You'll warm up at some point!"

He actually seemed like a really caring person. Honeslty, that's rare to find these days.

We started talking about random stuff like what's our favorite colors and whether we prefer cats or dogs.

Somehow i found myself laughing at the stupid jokes he made. He made me feel a lot happier. Its weird. I was actually kind of happy. Wow.

"Hey" he said "its getting kind of late and we have school tomorrow so we should probably head back to the dorms"

I checked my phone. 10:23. "Yeah I'm actually getting kind of tired"

We went back to the school and he walked me to my dorm.

"You know since we are kind of friends now, here's my number" he handed me a slip of paper.

"If you ever want to talk, I'll be there. But I won't force you to open up. I'll wait. Okay?"

He sounded so soft and so genuine. He sounded like he actually cared. No one has ever cared.

"Okay" I smiled.

I opened the door and he turned to leave

"Tendou?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you"

"Of course" he stared into my eyes with his gleaming red ones for about five seconds. fhdbskdhsksjh what is this tensionnnn. Stop. Stfu.

"Also by the way l/n"

"hm?"

"I like you so you can call me Satori"

I felt the blush rise on my cheeks

"O-Okay Satori." I smiled "You can call me y/n"

"Okay then" he smirked "goodnight y/n"

"Goodnight Satori" he walked away and I went into my room.

DAMN HES HOT THAT SMIRK OMG WHY DID I HAVE TO START STUTTERING WTF I NEVER STUTTER AND I STARTED BLUSHING TOO DBDKSGSIHDKS AND HE TOLD ME TO CALL HIM BY HIS FIRST NAME OMG OMG I TOLD HIM TO CALL ME BY MY FIRST NAME FJVSKSVSKSBSK AHHH

hey guys that's the end of chapter two!! Hopefully it wasn't too short or too long. So y/n and ten are getting closer nowwww😏 ooOooOoooOo