㉝ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁'𝚂 𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙴

~~~

Skyler

"And then she was just gone, out of sight. I tried to call and text her, but she didn't answer her phone. And she hasn't, ever since she drove off. It's been two days, Sky, and I haven't been able to reach her. Jonathan and I, we're worried."

I stared into Claire's sullen, remorseful eyes. The poor fox was a nervous wreck, sitting there on the couch, hunched over and timidly fidgeting with her own paws. The bags under her eyes and the shaking of her limbs revealed that in those two days that had passed, she hadn't gotten any sleep.

"Claire," I spoke, comfortingly as I reached forward, across the couch, resting my paw on her's. "It's Becca. There's no way she would just leave. She's going to come back, she has to."

"How do you know that?" She stressed.

"She's probably just having a moment, Claire. Maybe, it's important that we give her space to figure things out."

"But you don't know her like I do! I went to high school with her, I know what she's capable of!"

"What do you mean, Claire?"

"You... You know what I mean, Sky," Claire didn't want to admit it. "You saw her, that one time. You caught her and you stopped her from... doing those things to herself. Don't you understand?"

"Yes, she had an... eating disorder, but, what does that mean for—"

"It means that she's not afraid to hurt herself!" Claire whimpered, holding her paws out pleadingly. "With Becca, it's... It's dangerous for her when she doubts herself."

"Claire. I'm as worried as you are." I leaned in further. "But, we'll find her, okay? We'll get her back." I looked down at the couch cushion below me. "Trust me, we've both had a rough couple of days."

Claire rubbed her eyes. "...I'm sorry I suddenly dropped all of this on you."

"It's okay, Claire. I mean, you invited me over to your place today to 'talk', so, honestly, I was prepared for heavy baggage to be unloaded... considering everything happening recently."

Claire lowered her voice and her tone. "...How are you holding up? Anything going on with you and Charlie?"

"...It's not important at this moment. It's solved, as for now."

"What happened? You want to talk about it?"

I gently shook my head. "I'd love to, but, I think it's better if it stays between me and Charlie."

Claire touched my leg sympathetically. "Are you okay?"

"I've been fine." I wasn't lying this time.

"Is Charlie okay?"

"He's... getting there," I nodded my head. 

I wasn't lying this time either.

Charlie... is doing better.

He's been learning how to be kinder to his own mental health and how to put less pressure on himself. He's taken the day off to rest up and relax, which he desperately needed. The poor husky has been through so much lately.