6) 'two of the same boat'

Word count: 1089

'In another life, I'll reach for her hand

'In another life, I'll reach for her hand. And no one will wonder if we're friends or something more"
-Courtney Peppernell

❁❁❁❀❁❁❁
Y/N's POV:

"The master is coming" the little girls said in unison as me and Shinobu calmed ourselves down.

The tall figure came out while looking in front of himself. "Hello master! I wish you the best of health" I spoke up causing Shinazugawa to grit his teeth.

"Master if you don't mind could you please enlighten us on why we are still working with this monster?" Shinazugawa asked with a slight sass in the voice.

"Well as we all know Y/N has defeated lower moon 1 with small help from the insect pillar. As promised those who defeat a lower or uppermoon will become pillars, so as of now Y/N is the new wisteria pillar and will have their own estate!" The man cheered happy for me.

"Congratulations Y/N!" The love pillar congratulated. "Thank" I was cut off by an attack hug from Shinobu.

"You did it! I'm so proud of you!" She smiled as I was laying on the ground with her being in top.

A chuckle was heard from most pillars and the master as his soothing voice spoke up.

"Now, now love birds. I haven't finished the announcement" both me and Kocho got up as she her eyes widened as she covered her cheeks in embarrassment.

The man went to explain how the population of demons have increased and we need to be prepared for the worst.

"Well that all my children, thank you for listening!" He smiled as he went away.

2 kakushi's came to guide me to my new estate they prepared. "Wait you're actually going?" A voice chimed behind me.

I saw the girls blush had went away as her eyes began to furrow in a sad manner.

"Well I thought that's what you wanted..." I spoke out as the rest of the pillars left us to talk.

"What makes you think that?" She asked being very confused. "Well you're the one who helped me become a pillar, So you should know that I would get my own estate" I explained as she realized what she had been doing.

"Um yeah you're right! Why would I continue to take care of such a creature like you," she scolded, leaving me to feel hurt.

"I know you dislike me but I care about you so much in ways I can't describe, I wish I was human so things between us could've been different but it's okay! You have a perfectly good reason to dislike me. Im not mad at you or Tamayo, Im mad at the world for making demons exist," I explained as I went to meet up with the kakushi.

'Why did I say that? I don't want this to end?! Am I stupid? Does she hate me?' I thought to myself as I continued following the kakushi

❁❁❁❀❁❁❁
Shinobu's POV:

I saw Y/N walk away leaving me alone with my thoughts. 'I guess I've been doing this without realizing the consequences...' I thought to myself as I realized the thing I've been longing most for is gone.

'Maybe they are right, if things were different we could've been something. Demons and humans aren't meant to be together so I should just step away' I planned but something didn't seem right.

'But there is something different about them that made me like them the day we met. There is something about them that draws me on. Maybe I am too attached, I guess I should step away' I continued to think as the moon interrupted.

I went to me estate to get a better view from the roof but I saw a familiar figure on the estate next me.

"Tomioka-san?" I called out seeing a surprised look coming from him as he cooled down.

He continued eyeing the moon as I hopped onto his roof as I smiled.

He didn't look at me at all which was different then what Y/N would do. 'I need to get them out of my head!' I mentally yelled at myself.

"So what wrong with you and Y/N? You two seemed to be close" a serious voice spoke out. I look to see Giyuu staring at the bright moon enjoying the view.

"Nothing, I just chose to keep things professional since they are a demon and I am a human" I answered.

"But did you want to do that? Sounds like your reasoning is stupid" he scolded as I thought about my answer.

"It's not! And it's not like they wanted to be with me anyways. They chose to have their own estate and leave me" I mumbled.

"I understand, you love Y/N" he concluded not keeping his eyes off the moon.

"Huh?! What makes you think that?!" I panicked not knowing what he was talking about.

"I think the first sign to know you love someone is jealousy. Like how you lashed out on them taking to Kanroji. Seems like you're mad that Y/N is giving other attention that you crave," he explained in a calm manner as I look away and stare at the moon in 'aw'.

"But why? It's a waste of time because I know I wouldn't date them" I cracked as I balled myself up and hid my face with my arms.

"That's something no one can control not even Y/N," he stated starting to side eye me.

I hummed "I guess you're right, I would never love a demon but Y/N is different in many ways" I justified.

"So, what are your feelings revolving around Y/N?" Tomioka asked me.

"Well I'd be theirs, if they asked" I answered starting to get ready to leave.

"Hey Tomioka? Can we hang out more? I want more advice. For someone so dumb you give some good tips," I asked him.

"Well if you agree not to tease me in front of the other anymore" he offered. "Hm how about I stop for a week!" I conferred as he nodded his head as an agreement.

I chuckled as I went back to my estate.

———-
'I guess she likes someone else..."
————————-
A/N: I wasn't planning on making angst but here we are.