Chapter 2.

__________________

CHAPTER ~ 2
__________________

          "Supply and Demand"

           Yohan wrote the title on a sticker and pasted it on the file that contained the questions that fell under that topic.

     The file was huge.

    Well, it must be!

   Because it contained questions Yohan collected from past papers, provincial papers, zonal papers and term test papers from the most leading schools in Sri Lanka.

     His finals were in six months and he was one of the few students that were lucky enough to have finished learning the entire syllabus way earlier than expected.

That is because the schools were closed as a part of the island-wide lockdown due to Covid 19.

    Many students were facing difficulties in attending online classes due to various reasons and Yohan thanked his lucky stars as he went school every day before the pandemic, without hoping to catch up his missing lessons on a tuition class.

             It was one benefit of being a student in a  leading school in Sri Lanka where the teachers work day and night to bring the best out of the students. As a popular school in the country, they wanted their students to give outstanding performances in all kinds of exams.

Even though Yohan cursed under his breath, every time he had to have a cold shower at four in the morning because he had to be there at school on or before five o'clock, now he was thenkful for it.

             If not for those extra classes they had in the early morning they would not able to cover two years worth of syllabus in one single year.

       Sacrificing his play hours to stay after school for classes, so that the teachers would be able to finish the two years worth of syllabus in one year was indeed not fun.

             But now he could not thank them enough because when many students found themselves stuck with no way to learn even the basics, the only thing Yohan had to do was to revise what he had already learnt.

Also having a brother who made it to a top university in Commerce stream just made his life easier. 

And as someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he did not have to waste his time going for tuition classes as his parents brought in teachers to homeschool him.

And before you think that I am exaggerating, let me clear things out to you.

What you just read is an everyday reality for many middle-class Sri Lankan children whose parents are ready to spend as much money as they want to provide good education to their children.

So you must not be surprised to when I say that  Yohan still worked hard and forced himself to work even harder!

Yohan yawned as he placed the file "Supply and Demand" on the shelf labelled "Econ" that remained sandwiched between the other two shelves "Accounting" and "Business Studies".

He looked at the clock and realised it was four in the morning.

He was bleary-eyed due to lack of sleep for two days straight.

Making a note in his mind to take a rest for the rest of the day he decided to go to the bathroom and then straight to the bed for a good sleep.

As he was about to leave the room he took his phone with him as he could check it on his way towards the bathroom.