Cinders

Another one shot no one really requested but I kinda wanted to make anyways.

Have some angst!

Enjoy!
(Trigger warnings: Blood, loosely referenced abuse, implied murder, implied suicide and attempted suicide)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The old tv buzzed and sputtered, the screen flickering and glitching.

It didn't much matter to the child sitting in front of it though, his eyes locked on the burning figure on the screen.

The Flaming hero. Haru Todoroki.

Chizome clutched the ratty doll in his hands as he watched the hero taking down the villains, a ghost of a smile on his face as he watched.

The hero burned across the screen, fighting and rescuing people left and right with ease.

I want to be that. Chizome imagined what it would be like to be a hero. People wouldn't yell and curse at him and his momma when they go to the store, the kids at school wouldn't whisper about him, or shove him in the hallways.

People would like me. And I could save them just like he does.

Chizome smiled and watched the burning hero who he could only dream of meeting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Momma had brought home a new boyfriend again. This one smelled of cigarettes and looked at Chizome with great dislike.

But momma was happy, and no new bruises appeared on her arms, so Chizome kept his mouth shut.

The other kids started to mock Chizome for smelling bad. No matter how much he scrubbed his clothes the smell of smoke wouldn't wash out.

But the boyfriend came home with bags full of quick microwave meals, and he made sure that the tv was working when Chizome needed to watch the newest hero interviews or rescues.

Chizome knew better then to complain, after all he was better then the last one who laid on the couch, reeking of booze. Much better then the one before that, that smelled of something strange that Chizome would learn was the smell of old blood and momma always had him hide in the closet when the man came over.

The smell of blood was always too strong, it made him sick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chizome clutched his doll as he walked up the steps too his door. The growing bruise on his face stung, all he wanted was to curl up on the couch and watch the most recent fight of the flaming hero and ignore today.

The house already smelled terrible, Chizome barely able to hold back a coughing fit as he made his way to the living room.

Momma's boyfriend was sitting on the couch, a cigarette perched between his fingers as he stared vaguely at some talk show on the tv.

"C-can we turn on the hero fight?" Chizome slowly walked over to him, unsure of what to think of his glassed over eyes.

His lips curled into a snarl. "You. You little brat. Parasite on my wallet..." He stood up, Chizome shrank back. "Your mom didn't even tell me you existed til I came to her damn house. I wonder...if I got rid of you, would she notice?"

Chizome stared up at him in fear. No. No no no. Please no.

He shoved Chizome against the wall, the burning of the cigarette against his skin making him yelp before a hand was slammed over his mouth and nose.

"Just go to sleep you damn-"

Chizome bit down as hard as he could, the taste of blood souring his mouth as the man cursed as he fell to the ground.