Chapter 3: Dinner

The doorbell rang loudly as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I looked up to see a massive human figure behind the tinted panes of glass on the door. I don't know what it was about that tall shadow but some strange instinct made me walk towards that door and open it without hesitation.

As I looked up from the ground my eyes were dazzled at the sight of a huge, hairy, bearded hunk wearing only a pair of black shorts and an orange football Jersey that must have been size-massive to accommodate this guys body. He looked about 7 foot tall for christ's sake. When my eyes finally met his I involuntarily let out a little moan at the golden orbs staring into my soul.

"Hey there cutie" he all but growled in his deep, husky voice making me shiver.

"H-h-hey" I moaned again as I discreetly pulled my hoodie down to hide the little bulge I had forming.

"Are you gonna invite me in cutie?" My face must have been so blushed

Before I could answer I heard the sound of running footsteps behind me and Diane's warm voice
"Nick! Is that you, what a surprise." she raised her eyebrows and sounded very sarcastic.
"Sorry Riley this is Mr. Nick Morgan he's the Alph..I mean he's the mayor of Greenville and the surrounding towns. Whenever someone new comes to town he just has to interrogate them."

"Oh Diane, I'm just being friendly to little Riley here. He's gonna make a fine addition to the town I can tell."
He winked at me but by this point my face couldn't get any redder.
"Anyway, I was hoping I could stay for one of Nancy's famous welcome dinners and get to know Riley here a little better?"
He draped his massive hairy arm over my shoulders and squeezed my arm. The contact made my skin so tingly and warm I just wanted to nuzzle into his chest and be wrapped in his protective hold. Jesus where were these thoughts coming from, I'd never felt like this about any guy before. There was just something about this man that was so alluring to me.

"Riley are you happy for Nick to stay for dinner, he doesn't have to?" Diane sighed.

"N-no he can stay it's fine!" I stammered out, really not wanting him to go away for some reason.

"Great well I'll go and bring everything to the table, and be nice Nick!"

Nick smiled and as Diane left the room his hand dropped from my shoulder to cup my waist as he leant his head down and put his lips to my ear making me shiver with excitement.
"You might wanna pull your hoodie back down baby, I think you're a little excited to see me"

I looked down and gasped but before I could say anything I felt a rough slap to my ass making me whimper and put my hand to my mouth. Who the hell does this grown man think he is, not that I mind but still he's like 40. I turn to interrogate him but he's already strutting towards the bathroom, smirking with pride.

[Nick]

Jesus I nearly pounced on him when he opened the door to me, and again when he started eyeing up my body, and again when he started moaning for me.
Fuck I've been waiting so long for this and I'm damned if I'm not gonna have some fun getting him to accept his fate as my mate and as mother to my pups.

After slapping that sweet bubble butt I had to get myself to the bathroom, I was only wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and my t shirt so I was having my own problem covering my beer can 12-incher that was now full mast thanks to my baby's moans. After I'd calmed myself down and cleaned up a bit I left the bathroom and made my way to the dining room, there was one last seat but it wasn't where I wanted it to be...

[Riley]

After taking a breather for a few seconds I awkwardly made my way to the dining table and took a seat between Li and Emily, hoping that way I wouldn't risk sitting with Nick and getting another 'accident.'

Speaking of the devil, I looked up at the sound of heavy footsteps to see a poker-faced Nick Morgan walking into the room. Before he sat down at the last available seat he surveyed the room and locked eyes with me. Shit what's he gonna do. He looks really pissed, somehow I felt like I needed to run over  to him and submit in apology but I looked away to the window, trying to distract myself.

"Hey Li buddy, I wouldn't be able to swap places with you and talk with my new buddy Riley would I?"

Say no! say no! say no! say no!

"Sure no problem!"

Fuck you Li!

Shit, fuck, fuck, shit, crap, sweet jesus he's next to me, he's sat down, his arm is moving, it's on my knee, don't moan Riley, do not moan.

"So what do you make of our little slice of paradise so far Riley?" He said squeezing my knee before thankfully letting go to get some food.

"Y-Yeh it's nice, d-different to Portland obviously but the nature is nice I guess"

I started cutting up my food, anything to avoid looking him in the eyes again

"Yeh well we get plenty of nature out here, a lot of wolves actually, you don't mind them do you?" Everyone looked up to face Nick and me at that comment, weird.

"No I love wolves, I actually saw one out the window in the backyard earlier."

Diane looked to Nick suspiciously
"How odd Nick, normally the wolves don't come so close to town, with all the strange humans around."

"What can I say, I guess they sometimes come out if they smell something they like" Nick looked straight at me again and smirked, his deep golden eyes captivating my own.

"Can I talk to you outside Nick?" Diane said before getting up

"Fine" he rubbed my knee again and got up.

[Nick]

"What's going on Nick, is this what I think it is, is Riley your mate?"

Maybe I shouldn't have been so obvious about it. Maybe Riley needs more time.

Fuck that we need to take him home tonight, he wants it just as much as we do.

Yes but he's a human, he's not just gonna come home and let us fuck him without any questions, he'll probably think he's being sold into sexual slavery.

Well he wouldn't be so wrong. Give him another slap on the ass and a kiss and he'll be begging to come home with us, trust me."

Before I could reply to my wolf a hand slapped painfully my face.

"Nick!!" Diane interrupted my internal argument and the images forming in my mind.

"Err sorry Diane. Yes he's my mate, and I want to take him home now"

Diane shook her head
"He's been here for literally 2 hours and you want him to just unpack all his stuff and move in with you, a strange older man, claiming to be the mayor, who's then growling in his ear and groping him?"

"Well he loves it, I know he's a human but if I explain everything to him I'm sure he'll understand, he can still feel the bond. He wants to be with me Diane. I've been waiting years for this!"

"This is unbelievably stupid Nick. You're the Alpha I'm not going to tell you what to do but don't fuck this up ok? he's a good kid and he's already damaged enough.

"I won't I promise, I'll be calm and polite. I'll take him to another room, explain everything and then I'm sure the bond will do the rest."

Diane rolled her eyes
"Sure, good luck then Alpha."
Then she walked to the kitchen.

As I made my way into the dining room I saw Li sat in my seat with his arm around my baby's shoulders, laughing with him and Emily. My wolf instincts took over, I growled deeply making everyone bow in submission. My baby whimpered in his chair as I strode towards him. I grabbed him by his cute, little waist, flung him over my shoulders, grabbed his ass 'for stability' and went to leave.

"Calm and polite huh?" Diane sighed as I passed her in the corridor. All I did was growl, making Riley whimper some more.
"So cute baby" I slapped his bubble butt, making him yelp.

"Riley everything will be fine trust me, you're not being sold as a prostitute, I promise I'll talk to you later. Diane tried to explain the situation as I left the building but I don't think it helped him understand. I was just trying my hardest not to knot him right now.