Chapter one•Escape

(A/N the picture shows what the characters look like if they were real. Some characters are not in the book yet)
--------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Avalon Rose. Look, being a demigod isn't easy. Monsters chase you on a daily basis. Every day you think you'll never live to see another day. And once you find out you're a demigod, life becomes harder.

The cold wind whispered in my ear: "Beware, child of the Mist! Monsters awaken!" I know wind cannot talk, but I was alone in a dark alley way, trying to hide from the police after I 'blew up' the academy I go to. I heard blaring sirens coming closer. I could either stay or run. Hmm... I ran all the way to my apartment building that was just around the corner. It's difficult to dodge walking people going the opposite direction. (Hehehe... Forgot to mention that I'm the star cross-country runner at school. Don't mean to brag or anything).

I ran in through the apartment building door and down the hall to our apartment. I ran into it and locked the door behind me. Hopefully the police didn't notice me run in here. I was sweating very badly and decided to take a shower. I went into my room, dropped my backpack, and grabbed some fresh clothes.

Fresh, crystal clean water washed down my face and back. It felt good to finally take a shower after the "accident." When I was leaving school a flaming ball of fire shot out of nowhere and blasted the academy behind me. The staff members and students blamed me and called 9-1-1. I ran of and never stopped until I made it to the alley way. Then I ran here.

After my shower I dressed and brushed out my soaked pale blue dyed hair. My dad yelled from the living room. "Hey Avalon, get packed up. We are going somewhere for a while. Bring important things. Be ready soon."

"Ok!" I yelled back. Hopefully he was reunited with Mom and wants me to meet her. I packed all my favorite clothes and books. I also backed my hairbrush, my Texas Rangers hat (from when I lived in Texas), my hair dyes, and a few posters (don't ask why because I don't know) an put them in my suitcase. "Dad, I'm done!"

"Ok, let's go to the car. We need to leave now," he told me as he walked up to me.

I grabbed my suitcase and we both scurried to the car. I got in and so did my dad. We drove away jut in time to see another fireball turn out apartment into a flaming crater.