Chapter four•Learning the Mist

When I woke up it was morning (finally)! I sat up and got dressed. I'm an early bird. No one was awake so I had no one to talk to. I remembered the dreams last night; the dark alley way, my dad arrested, Aaron kissing me, and the hooded figure climbing up my ladder to the top bunk where I was sleeping.

I thought about the figure and how much it looked like a vampire. The flaming hair, bone white skin, sharp fangs... Well? What was it?

I heard a bell chime in the distance. Aaron had told me what the bells stood for. 1st, Get up; 2nd, Breakfast; 3rd, Lunch; 4th, Dinner; 5th, Go to sleep.

All of my half-siblings started waking up.
Ocean climbed up my ladder,"Hey, why are you up so early?"

I replied,"I'm an early bird."

"Oh," Oceana said and jumped down.

I climbed down too and walked over to the rest of our group. "Hey!"

"Hola, Ava!" Luna said cheerfully.

"Don't call me that."

"Okay."

"And... How'd you guys do your hair so fast?"

"Magic of the Mist!" Stella replied.

"Wha...?"

Luna explained,"Mist is the veil that separates the gods and monsters from the mortals. Children of Hecate can bend the Mist to their wills. We can even manipulate ourselves!"

"Prove it."

"Watch." Luna lifted up her hand in front of her and a white fog stared to form It rose and rose all around me until I was covered. I though I was going to suffocate, but the fog soon disappeared. Luna lifted up a hand-held mirror an handed it to me. "Look."

I looked Ito the mirror and saw that my curly, frizzy hair was flat down on my head and curly and the end. A streak of dark blue accompanied my pale blue hair. I had on simple makeup; light pink eyeshadow, black eyeliner, mascara, and pale pink lipstick.

"Wow."

"Believe me now?"

"Yup!"

All of us dressed and walked outside to dining pavilion just before the second bell rang.

Sorry about the wait!! Been really busy, haven't been able to add on to this. But I'd like y'all to know, that the book has reached 10 chapters!! Woo!! So I'll update again soon, and hope you like this book!