Chapter six•Freefalling

Next Class: Pegasus Riding. From 7:00-7:30.

When you're scared of heights, it isn't easy.

Our teachers were Bridget Hamilton, an Aphrodite, and Ash Roberts, a Poseidon.

"Okay everyone, get onto a Pegasus. Today we will fly all over camp half blood and give y'all a tour," Ash announced. The Pegasi in the stable next to us began whining and snickering.

We all walked into the stables. The floor was covered in Hay, dirt, and... Poop. There was many Pegasi and horses, all different sizes and colors.

"Pick a Pegasus," Bridget told me.

I walked over to a black Pegasus. "What's this one's name?" I asked.

"Nightstar," Ash said. Walking up to me. "He is shy, but very playful and fast. Wanna ride him? All campers in this class need a Pegasus of their own, and he is in need of an owner."

"Oh I'd love to ride him."

Ash opened the gate and helped me up onto Nightstar. "Wow," I said, petting the Pegasus's soft shiny black coat.

Ash got onto a Pegasus of his own and led us out of the stable.

Everyone was sitting on a Pegasus, either petting it, talking to it, or feeding it apples and grass.

"Everyone ready?" Bridget asked. Her and Ash were at the front of all of us.

"We are going on a tour, because we have some new campers this year." Ash explained. "Let's go now."

Soon we were up in the air, and Bridget was telling us all the things along the way. "Look, over there, Thalia's Pine.
And over there, the big house. Here is the commons, and the cabins."

She babbled on and on about all the activities and such. "And that concludes our tour."

The Pegasi started to fly down, and about ten feet in the air, Nightstar stumbled. He fell down, and took me with him.