Chapter 22

Ember's POV

It's been a month since Cass and I left the Blood & Bones ranch. I haven't spoken to anyone there. I know that Cass is speaking to Gage though even though she tries to hide it. I have been healing up nicely and had started back at therapy which helped a lot.

I desperately missed the club though. Even worse I missed Hawk. It only took me a couple of days back to finally accept that I truly did love him, but I needed more time to decide if love was enough. I went through so much during my short time in Tyler, Texas, but after everything though I still could not move on from my feelings for Hawk.

Cass had asked me to meet her at the hospital for her lunch break so we she could have it with me. I walked into the hospital and headed towards the cafeteria. As soon as I entered the cafeteria my eyes locked on Hawk. He looked as gorgeous as ever besides the dark circles under his eyes. I didn't think I just ran and launched myself into his farms. I wasn't sure if I would be welcomed but he immediately clutched me tightly to his chest while I nuzzled into his neck. I breathed in his smell. I had missed him so much. I couldn't help but let it slip out on a whisper. "I love you."

Hawk tensed at that and he slowly pulled away from me a bit so he could look me in the eyes. He looked to see if I was telling the truth and then a huge smile broke out across his face, "I love you too Little Flame!" He exclaimed loudly. He then crashed his lips on mine claiming my mouth.

I heard someone clear their throat close by to us and I pulled back to finally notice Gage and Cass both with knowing smirks on their faces. I blushed and hid my face in Hawk's chest. Hawk chuckled at my embarrassment.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked Hawk.

"We've come to bring you two home and we won't be leaving without you." Hawk declared to me with a determined look in his eyes. My jaw dropped at his declaration.

Hawk's POV

It had been almost a month since my Little Flame left me. I had been in foul mood the whole time and had been drinking way too much. A couple of the clubwhores had tried to entice me but I only wanted my Little Flame and shoved them away from me.

My brothers weren't fairing so well either, it hurt all of us that she had left. Buster was constantly complaining about the cooking and talking about how much better hers had been. Blade went back to hardly ever talking. Those women had brought a light to our club and now it seemed it was even darker that before they had come. Gage was a lot like me the first couple of weeks with Cass gone, but he seemed to slowly be doing better the last couple of weeks. I guess he didn't really love her like I loved my Little Flame.

We made Butch pay though. We dragged out his death for a couple of weeks making sure he felt all the pain that my Little Flame had felt. By the end he was begging for death which we gladly gave him.

Things had been pretty quiet now that the DR's were gone. I've about given up hope that my Little Flame was ever going to return to me. I sighed downing another shot of whiskey.

Gage and Axel came up behind me and Axel slapped me on the back. "Prez isn't it about time you pulled your head out of your ass and went after your woman?" Some of the men near us perked up at this question.

"You heard what she said she needs time." I replied sullenly.

"Yup, and she's had time. Don't you know that anything worth having is worth fighting for? Now if you're saying that Ember isn't worth fighting for by all means stay on your stool and continue your pity party." Axel smarted off to me.