Chapter 29:

I thought I was going to come back refreshed and ready. No. I actually feel dead. Soreness all over my body, especially the place where I got stabbed. But I was alive and I could feel my heartbeat. Letting out a gasp, I opened my eyes. Still no sight, but I was fine with that. I couldn't hear anything and that got me a little worried. Where is everybody?

The Prince is telling the King and Queen about what happened they're having court right now. Oh, can I go in barge in. I mean you could but you're pretty sore right now. I don't care I'm going I want to see him. I also want to give my testimony. Fair enough, at least change your clothes. You got blood all over you. Thankfully there was a change of clothes next to me, as if someone was hoping I would wake up. Quickly changing clothes, I run down the hallway with Lahe guiding me. I did pass some guards and they look like they've seen a ghost.

Finally making my way to the ballroom/ throne room, I stop for a moment and take a deep breath. How do I look? Less dead than a couple minutes ago. Good enough. I open the doors and walk right in. The nobles were gathered again and one family looked not pleased. I look ahead further and see Khesir, the King and Queen with the captured Prince next to them.

In the lone corner, I also saw the captured assassin. I was pleased because I worked hard to keep him alive. Making my way halfway I waited until someone noticed me. It was Hazen my first friend and older brother. Breaking protocol he rushed through the crowds and scooped me up into a hug. This drew a lot of eyes, but I didn't care I missed him.

I was sat down and I started walking where all the action was. They had noticed me, but I don't think they believed I was there with them. Curtsying before them I proclaimed in a loud voice, "Your highnesses, my name is Leigh Adler and I believe I have something to tell you." Khesir walked towards me as if I was going to disappear before his eyes. Reaching out I grabbed his hand. "I am here and I am never going to leave you ."

Tears bubbled in his eyes, but I knew he did not want anyone to see. So I quickly wiped them away and turned and faced the King and Queen. "But, but you were dead," Rumad rambled, "You were dead. I saw you die!" Smirking I turned towards him putting my hand on the side that was stabbed. "The funny thing about my magic is that I can heal wounds. I also had some help from a friend."

The King raised his eyebrow. "What friend?" he asked. I understood his concern because my wound was pretty bad. If someone was able to lift another person from the dead, they must be very powerful. Is it okay if I show him. Sure why not and we're going to see them anyway. Light gathered into my palm and a figure emerged.

I am Lahe. The deity of Adraria. The creator of magic. And Leigh Alder is my reincarnate.

I was sure the King was going to faint right then and there, but to my amusement he stayed strong and only trembled a little bit. Whispers were heard around the ballroom. Lahe's voice echoed so everyone know what was said. "What happened with the demonstration of magic, that was you?"

Correct, though I chose her before she came to the capital. She only needed some of my powers and accessed the rest during her stay here.

I spoke this time, but Lahe was still present. "Now that you know, what will you do? I will still stand by Khesir's side regardless of what happens." The King glanced over to where his first born was caged. "It seems I have some thinking to do regarding the heir to the throne. I am dismissing this court."

That was that and with his soldiers, he walked out. Nobility were slowly walking towards the exit, though some stayed. I could tell they wanted to talk to me about my powers, but all I wanted to do was stay by my fiance's side. Pulling me into a hug, Khesir breathed in. "I can't believe it you're really here."