7~Smoke and Self-complements

I woke up to the sunrise, checked the time, then decided to wake up Dabi. I got out of the bed, walked down the hall, opened the door, and got tackled to the floor. Dabi was over me pinning my wrists down, with a playful smile and tail swishing from side to side. Since when did he have a tail? He blew some kind of smoke onto my face, it smelled like a mix between mint and burning sapwood, conclusion? Not bad but still weird, "A trick I used to do. It's like smoking but it doesn't affect my lungs, it's just as addicting though!"

"Are you high Dabi? You seem a bit overly happy," I looked at him with a glare, questioning why he was so hyper, "If you are it's way too early in the morning to get high."

"No I am not- Wait you have drugs?" He asked, confusion and excitement written on his face.

"No I don't, my mind is still sleeping so I don't know how my brain thought you were h- How are your legs bending like that?" I noticed how odd his legs looked straddling my waist. It looked pretty uncomfortable, for his legs since he was barely on me so was feeling his front body weight on my wrists.

"I have no idea how they are doing that but it doesn't hurt so I guess it doesn't matter." He got up off of me then reached his hand out to help me. I took it and he pulled me up, "I think you have a habit of falling every morning already."

"You were the reason why both times so stop complaining," I started getting some waffles from the freezer.

"I am not complaining, rather I am just stating what I think," Dabi said, setting up the toaster to preheat.

"Whatever. Sirup, peanut butter, butter or Nutella?" I got the waffles out then stuck them in the toaster oven for 4 minutes.

"Nutella, I like chocolate," He grabbed some plates and utensils, remembering where they were from last morning, while I got the Nutella and sirup. We got our servings and walked to the table, starting to eat. "Anything else I should know about this world?"

"The league of villains is planning something. I just know it. I was the only one that noticed the decrease in villain activity, and I am the most unlikely to notice it. They were all too happy about the decrease but were blinded by it. I believe they are trying to recruit more villains," I said, explaining one of the reasons why I was in such a bad mood yesterday.

"Wow," Dabi stopped in the middle of cutting a piece of waffle, "Can I meet these villains?"

"Dabi! Not cool! They kill people!"

" Of course they do and sorry! They just sound like idiots, they could use someone smarter," Dabi said before eating a piece of waffle.

"Did you just compliment yourself?" I gave him one of those eyebrow raises.

"Maybe I did~ What are you gonna do about it?" He put his elbows on the table and leaned forward smirking.

"Huh," I looked down at the table.

"What do you mean 'huh'?" He put in air quotes.

"Oh nothing much, just wondering what would happen if you became a villain," I said continuing to eat my waffles, dipping them inside of my sirup.

"And what would happen if I was?" Dabi cut his waffle with Nutella, looking over at me.

"Well I bet the league of villains would be moderately better, but still would suck because I exist."

"Did you just compliment yourself?" He looked at me fully, most attention not on his food.

"Maybe I did~ What are you going to do about it?" I used his own words against him and I didn't regret it. In fact I started laughing.