Son (Schlatt/Tubbo)(Angst)

(Content Warning: alcohol, abandonment, character death, cursing)

     Drunk as can be, Schlatt stumbled into the small apartment. It wasn't much, granted he didn't get that much from his fast food job, but it was enough.

     "Daddy!" He watched as the child ran over from the stained mattress that was in the corner of the room. Schlatt let the smile slide onto his face as he ruffled the boy's brunet hair.

     "Hey, squirt. I brought home some dinner." He sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to him. "Careful now, it's hot." Schlatt held the cup of soup and took the lid off, letting the smell overtake the apartment.

     "It looks yummy!" The young goat hybrid chirped as he took the spoon out of the packaging.

     "I'm glad you think so!" He let out a hearty laugh before he started humming. "Were you alright here by yourself?"

     "Yes! The lady came to check on me earlier." Schlatt nodded his head, his landowner cared for his son as much as him. She would come around sometimes and bring coloring books and crayons for if the boy got bored. "She gave me a bee coloring book! It has facts about them in the corners but I can't read them." Schlatt inwardly grumbled. It was another thing he hated about not having money. He wished he could get his son a better education and possible testing for dyslexia. It would help in the long run and would be a good investment if he had the money in the first place.

     "How about I read them to you tonight before I go back to work?" Schlatt suggested as the boy nodded his head.

     "Do you have to go to work though?" Schlatt bit his lip at the puppy dog eyes his son was giving him. He could skip a weeks worth of food for himself and see if he could get another job ontop of his other 2 overtimed shifts...

     "How about this weekend we go to the park? We can spend both Saturday and Sunday there but then that will have to be it for a month, alright?" Tubbo nodded his head eagerly with a smile.

     "Thank you daddy!" Schlatt just smiled before looking away. Whenever he was around his son, he always became sober really quick when realizing the situation he had put his son into. Schlatt could be in his last years of college and getting a nice job somewhere with his parents paying for his college loans. They always wanted to but when Schlatt came to them saying he needed help raising his son when he was only in highschool, he was thrown out immediately. The mother of the boy didn't want him and Schlatt couldn't even think about giving him up to a foster home.

     Pennyless, he dropped out and lived on the streets until the day his son was finally put into his arms after getting out of the hospital. He saved up enough from small jobs to get them their current apartment. He wouldn't dream his life any other way if the boy still needed a home in another life.

     He just wished the boy could grow up like most kids do.

     Schlatt finally could see through the haze of his mind as he coughed. He spotted the young teen watching from the crowd. When did he get on the floor?

     It was finally the weekend!

     The young boy pulled his father through the streets with eager skips as they made their way to the park. Sure, Schlatt was hungry and he spent most of his freetime trying to get a second job but it was worth it for his son's big smile.

     "Look at the swings!" He gasped as Schlatt let out a chuckle.

     "Do you want to play on the swings?" The brunet boy nodded his head quickly before dashing to the playground. They spent awhile in the calmness of the park, Schlatt pushing the giggling boy like the beat of a metronome.