He Was Just a Kid (Sam, Phil, Puffy, other minor characters) (Angst)

(Content warning: character death, talk of suicide, beating up, abuse, abandonment)

     The security system alerted Sam that only one alive entity was in the cell.

     He raced to the back of the prison and watched as the lava receded. He tried to see any flaw in his work.

     "Sam?" He heard Dream from behind the wall of lava.

     "What the hell is going on over there?" Sam shouted as he pulled out a sword and his shield. "Where did Tommy go?"

     "He is sleeping." The wall finally revealed the prisoner sitting on the ground with Tommy laying his head on his lap. Blood was everywhere.

     "What the hell!?" Sam walked over to the security camera as Dream laughed.

     "He is sleeping." The creeper hybrid could see the lifeless gaze on Tommy's face and his hair was matted with blood. Everything was crimson.

     "What happened?" He asked as the prisoner just continued to laugh.

     "Speak quieter or you will wake him."

     "Dream, he is dead!" Sam shouted as he walked back to the edge to see the room. Dream went quiet before hot and angry tears ran down his face.

     "Let him sleep! He is fine! Just needs some rest!" Sam could practically feel the insanity from Dream.

     "I need to retrieve his body, you have to stay behind the wall." Sam ordered as he already sent a path. He walked with it as Dream and Tommy were blocked off by the small patch of wall. He got over and could smell the metallic scent. "Give me the body."

     "No! He is sleeping so let him rest!" Dream shouted once again as the shook. Sam shook as he watched Tommy's head roll to the side.

     "Give me the body or there will be consequences." Sam bit back with gritted teeth. He decided to let his anger take control rather than sadness. Pretending it wasn't the boy he had helped heal for all these weeks was surprisingly easy.

     "Why can't I have anything nice!" Dream shouted as he shoved Tommy through the opening.

     "Because you always kill or destroy it! You always ruin everything I give to you and it's my mistake for trusting you again." Sam held the body in his arms with care although the tension never left even as he walked away and the lava fell.

     Sam walked to the guard's post and set the body on the bed before he decided to let himself think.

     The cheery and always fidgety boy was dead, lying on a once pristine, white bed. His face looked twisted in fear and sadness that struck Sam painfully.

     It was Dream.

     Sam suddenly realized it must have been Dream who did this. He didn't know why he didn't assume so earlier but it was obvious by the marks all across Tommy's body. Sam just sighed before walking out of the prison, leaving the corpse behind.

---

     Sam knocked on the door with hesitance. He could hear the cursing and then the footsteps to the door.

     "What do you want?" Techno asked as he opened the door. Sam could hear Ranboo and Phil in the background.

     "I-I have something for Phil." Sam patted his pocket that held the tape recording of what happened back in the cell. Techno looked him up and down before grunting and letting him in. Sam could see decorations hung about the place.