The Family Jewels

Goddamnit tik tok with these audios that get my writer juices flowing

The Family Jewels by MARINA

WARNINGS: talks of suicide, brief mention of self harm (really, not anything) talk about death, that kinda thing

---

Tommy brushed the dust off of a picture. He coughed as it blew into his face, grimacing when he figured out what it was.

Quickly putting it down, he turned away from it. He knew he shouldn't snoop but he just had to grab one thing. He just had to be quiet-

"Ahem." He turned at the sound, seeing his older brother standing there with his arms crossed. His jewlery was shining in the low light and his blood red eyes made Tommy shiver.

"Technoblade," he tried to laugh but it was completely fake, "how are you?" He asked, holding both hands out in a shrug.

The piglin scoffed, flicking the light switch so it illuminated the basement. The place that Tommy had stayed after he had escaped exile.

Trinkets lined the shelves, things that Techno would gift Tommy or just old momentos from their old house on the farm. The one with the white picket fence, three laughing boys, and a father who would gaze on with a smile from the porch lined with daisies.

"Skip the pleasantries and explain what you are doing in my house." Tommy flinched, unconsciously stepping back.

"I wanted to grab something for Micheal. It's Christmas in a few days and Tubbo ran his mouth about our farm so I wanted to get him a momento from there as a gift. It was going to be one of my things, don't worry." Tommy quickly explained, looking around the room before grabbing what he was thinking about. A small disc and music player. Painted with drawings of fields, musical instruments, animals, and small little items.

Techno tried not to think about them.

"Fine, but just leave and don't return. I don't want you back here." Techno huffed, watching as Tommy grabbed any other items and ran past him to the ladder. Techno caught up quickly, watching as Tommy was just about to open the door to leave when-

"Tommy?" They both paused, seeing the ghost of their brother enter the room from the kitchen, an apron with blue stains on him.

Tommy tried not to look at him. "Hey, Ghostbur-"

"Ooh! Are we having a family Christmas?" He innocently asked, a bright and excited smile on his grey face. Techno and Tommy gave each other a look, filled with mutual feelings towards the sentiments.

"No-"

"Ghostbur? Is everything all right-" Phil stopped when he entered the room, seeing Tommy and Techno staring at one another.

The ghost brightened at his father. "Phil! Tommy is here for our family holiday!" He cheered clapping his hands in excitement. Phil had a grimace on his face.

"Actually, I just came here to wish you a Merry Christmas but I have plans for the holiday, Ghostbur." Tommy interrupted, a tight smile on his face. He didn't want to say anything on the fact that he wasn't even invited to their family holiday that they were clearly having. There was a tree in the living room and the smell of cookies filled the house. He wasn't wanted there though.

"Aww, but we could have had fun!" Ghostbur whined looking to Phil.

The man's grimace became worse. He felt so guilty after killing Wilbur that he had done everything the Ghost ever asked of him. He may hate what his boys had done but he loved them with all his heart. He could never hate his boys.