But it Could be Enough for Me (Tommy, mentions Tubbo) (hurt/comfort[?])

(Content: implied suicidal thoughts, talk about death, imprisonment, mentions dead character)

     Tommy may not be the brightest person on the server.

     Wilbur would use his words wisely; each practiced and perfect for each context. Phil knew the world; how it worked and how he could be in sync with nature. Techno had strategy; reading mythology books about Athena and Ares helped him to use his head in battles of wit.

     But Tommy...

     He was loud, obnoxious and annoying to a small percentage of people. His persona was out there with pizazz and no filtered thoughts. He would ask questions left and right about seemingly useless things.

     Although he still was smart.

     When his eyes were first laid over the prison, he knew Dream wanted him inside. It was a dark structure that was towering over every other build. It was filled with Tommy's nightmares. He would be alone in a confined space, feeling like he was suffocating with every breath, unable to escape with each respawn landing him back in a cold, dark cell.

     He knew when Nikki was leading him somewhere that it was a trap. It was obvious by her eagerness to make him get there and then the messages from Jack Manifold that kept ringing on his communicator.

     Tommy didn't want to stop either of them though.

     For a second, he wanted to be locked up in that prison as he fearfully pushed his body between Dream and Tubbo. He yelled for Dream to not kill his best friend and to just take him instead. He would rather die and live in a prison of nightmares than watch as the light in Tubbo's eyes fade into nothingness.

     For a second, he wished he could die by the hands of a nuke. It would be considered an accident so Nikki and Jack could roam free without the threat of a prison. The weird Egg could be left in other people's hands to deal with. His family and friends would never mourn over him anyways, always being too caught up with each other to care about his meaningless life. The only one who seemed to care was six feet under the burnt down L'mantree.

     But then he saw everything.

     Ponk came rushing in with a group of people that surely were only there to save Tubbo. The group over looking Tommy in favor of cornering Dream. Tommy rubbed at his eyes to hide the tears that were sliding down his face as the fear turned into relief.

     Tommy could hear the cheering from Tubbo from the crater in the ground; jumping up and down as he celebrated the successful explosion.

     They might not be there for Tommy but if they were there for Tubbo, that would be enough.

     If Tubbo could be happy and smiling, then Tommy could pretend to as well.

Words: 462
Written: Saturday, February 20th, 2021
Edited:

This was a quick one to write but I quite like it. Also, they are platonic soulmates your honor.