Chapter 14 -Montana

Tariq grew restless. He was missing Caroline so much it was driving him slowly insane. He was now more sure than ever that they were meant to be. He couldn’t live another day without her. He would ask her for her hand in marriage as soon as she returned. He knew that she was the one. He could feel it. If only he could leave to get her back home himself. He would strangle his uncle if he would ever be face to face with him again.

Ariq never thought that his uncle would betray his family. That he would try to steal the thrown and cause a riot in his beloved country. He was glad that most people didn’t like his uncle and therefore didn’t trust any of the rumors he spread. But it was still too precarious a situation for him to leave the country now. There  were always those against him that would love for him to be gone so that they could take over. His presence was never needed as much as right now. Desperate to get Caroline back to him soon he came up with the plan to send his sister to collect her, hoping Caroline would be able and willing to return to him soon. Therefore, he had called Farah into his office.

      “Farah, I know your good friends with Caroline and therefore I need you to do me a huge favor. I can’t wait any longer. I need her to come back to Jamil, to me. I can’t leave the country right now due to our uncle, even though, he doesn’t deserve this title anymore. I need you to travel to the States and get her for me, please, ” he wasn’t really asking, it was a command, but at the same time he was ready to beg her to help him with this task. He hoped it would be an easy one.

“Okay brother, I will try, but we can’t pressure her. If her family still needs her, I won't demand her to leave just so she can be with you. That would be too selfish of you and wrong. You know family comes first so in the end it will be her decision. I will not force her to come back, ” she tried to argue with him “But for your sake, I hope she will come back with me. She will be our family soon, don’t worry” Farah tried to ease his mind.

“I know, I know, it's just, I need her by my side. These past weeks have been unbearable without her” Tariq told her.

Farah looked at him with a knowing smirk. “You’re going to ask her to marry you, aren’t you? Farah was ecstatic.

       “I was planning to as soon as she returns, so now you know why it is important for her to return. She will be Jamil’s future sheika, and mother of my heirs” Tariq explained. He was looking forward to that part. Making her his completely. Having his seed growing inside her. Finally giving his parents grandchildren. If it was his choice he would have a dozen kids with her. A whole army of little Caroline’s. They would have beautiful children together.

      Farah left him to his thoughts and on her way to her room stopped at her parents’ room. She knocked and entered without waiting for an answer. Excitedly she jumped up and down through the entry hall towards her parents study.

“Mom, Dad! He is going to propose!! He wants to marry Caroline!” she shouted excitedly. Her Mom got up from the chair, where she had been reading a book. She let the book drop and hugged her husband who was sitting next to her with a newspaper in his hand.

“Finally. It took him long enough. We need to start planning the wedding immediately. Send out the invitations etc.” the sheika was thinking about the guest list and many other details, while Farah told her father that she was sent to Montana by her brother to fetch Caroline and bring her back. He didn’t like that she as a single woman would be going alone, so he send a whole convoy of security guards with her, just to be safe. Making sure all the security details for the trip to Montana were set, he hugged his daughter goodbye at the airport and wished her good luck retrieving Caroline, convincing her to return to them.

      Farah arrived still excited in Montana. It was the first long-distance flight she had taken.  She had never been to the U.S. or anywhere as far away from Jamil, and never without her parents or brother.