07 : 𝖬𝗈𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖬𝖺𝖽𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌

[⛈️]

The rain never stopped since last night. Morning greeted them with a dull atmosphere, city still in thick blankets of cold and fog. Soft splatters of water drum along the window. The bedroom was dimly lit despite the fact that Y/N had parted the curtains. As much as she wanted to snuggle to the bed's cool mattress and bury underneath the cozy blankets, she needed to get up. It was 8 AM.

Taehyun was still snoring, however. Upon the girl's absence, he stirred, felt for his side, and opened his eyes to look for her. There she was by the mirror, face covered with a white mask.

'Would you look at her,' he thought. 'Taking care of herself. Damn, she looks pretty. How can I be so lucky?'

Y/N didn't notice him waking up. She was busy applying stuffs into her face, staring deep into her reflection. Taehyun finally got up, dragging himself towards her, and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"Hey," his voice was hoarse. "Good morning, darling."

She smiled at his reflection. "Hi!"

"First thing in the morning?" He pointed to her mask and laughed. "I'm not your priority anymore?"

"Don't be ridiculous," she playfully eye-rolled.

"I'm just saying," he kissed her nape. "You could forget about me with all that business you've been doing."

"Taehyun!" She gasped. "Jesus, who gave you that idea?"

"...me?"

Y/N set her items aside before facing him. Taehyun had a genuine look of concern on his face. He stared sadly at Y/N's masked face. She anxiously stared back, feeling sorry for some reason. He slowly brushed some hair off her face before perking a small smile.

"It was just a thought, princess." He cooed. "I know you wouldn't do that."

"Only a fool would," she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'm not one. I asked for your presence, so I would never neglect you."

Taehyun smiled wider. He badly wanted to kiss her but with the mask, he couldn't. He inched close instead, rubbing the tip of his nose against hers before pecking the top of her head. Y/N snuggled against his soft chest, his sweet jasmine scent crawling up to her nose. Rain poured harder outside. They were in silence.

"You hungry?" Taehyun suddenly inquiried.

Y/N shook her head. "Not yet."

"Wanna come back to bed? We can cuddle again like last night. We don't have to watch another movie. You can just let me play with your hair, or sing you to sleep."

"No," she laughed, pulling away. "We're cleaning today."

"Eh?" He blinked. "But darling, I just vacuumed yesterday."

"It's not enough. Go on, you may get the rugs in the storage." She sighs. "I'll just finish this skin care thing, whatever it is."