Twenty-Eight

Contessina

What follows is a gentleness I know he doesn't use or shows to anyone, not with who he is and what he's been through.

Laying me in the middle of the bed, on top of the rose petals, he doesn't rush anything, not the kisses or the touches, my hands on his chest, feeling each heartbeat of his as his lips trail my body, kissing spots that have me writhing and squirming underneath his tender touch.

Matteo, my husband, the man I fell in love with, kisses an area just below my ear, making my pulse change. He drags his lips down to my collarbone, sucking softly, moving down to the next area, cupping my swollen breast, taking my hard nipples into his mouth in deep pulls. His hips pushing against mine, keeping me in place as his hands, palm and explore, feeling as he comes down to me, doing it all as if it were the first time, as if time didn't matter and didn't.

Time was inconsequential.

He kisses me until I'm aching once more, my hands traveling down his chest, feeling each dip and hard muscle of him. My heart beating rapidly in my chest as my hands wander lower and lower, wanting to feel more, his kisses stopping as his hand stops me from doing more. "Condom." The word is hard, ragged on his lips.

I'm breathless, panting, confused, condom?

Weeks ago, we had gone to get our premarital exam done. We had gotten blood tests done and asked a list long of questions as we both sat together, all of which we had openly- with me blushing and avoiding eye contact the whole time- talked about and among it all, I had learned that he had gotten a vasectomy at twenty three.

Even if I hadn't started the birth control pill- not that I wanted to, not with all those side effects- he couldn't get me pregnant, at least not now and it was something we needed to talk about.

I wanted kids, maybe not now, not with my age but I did and not only because of the responsibilities I was born to carry as a woman but because my heart craved them, with Matteo. But knowing what he did years ago, I didn't know if he wanted them at all. But it was all questions for another day, another moment.

Stopping him from moving away, I bring him closer to me, feeling the hardness of his body pressing against me. "I'm clean. You're clean-" his jaw sharpens as he nods- "You had a vasectomy." Again, he nods. "It's fine." And plus, I wanted nothing between us.

I wanted to feel every thick, ridge inch of him.

"Are you sure?"

I nod, slipping my hand under, fingertips brushing over his skin. "You're my husband." I was his wife.

Gazing down at me, a soft shiver runs down my spine at the way he looks at me, his lips catching mine, my arousal lingering on his mouth, his free hand moving to the nape of my neck, deepening the kiss, body pressing against mine, hard, solid, mine. "It's going to hurt."

I nod, easing a little more into bed. "I trust you."

He makes a sound that vibrates down my chest, nibbling on my bottom lip. "I don't deserve you but I'll do everything to keep you," he says as he helps me push his shorts down, my breath hitching as I feel the length of him pressing along my thigh.

I want to touch him again, make him moan out my name. I want to fall to my knees and...

"I'll give you everything," he murmurs, his hand going around my neck, squeezing slightly before skimming down, between my breast, making a shiver of anticipation run down my spine, Matteo's hand trailing down my stomach, sliding along the apex of my thighs, spreading me for him. "I'll be everything you want me to be."