Sixteen

Matteo

I could still feel her lips, her breath, her body against mine a week later.

I could still taste her, that sweetness that coated her lips, that sinful taste that touched mine, a wicked one that had my knees weak.

She was under my skin, deep in my bones, invading my lungs.

It was a maddening need that drove me to kiss her, it was the fact that I was gasping for air and she was the only one that could give it to me.

It was the fact that another man had their hands on her.

I hadn't known about Antonio's father being in D.C. until Mayra told me about it, much less had I known he had made his way inside the event and approached Contessina until one of the men that was ordered to follow Contessina around told me. And to put it lightly, it pissed me off, it made me see red because where one was, the other followed and I could not allow him to be in the same city as Contessina.

I had two groups of men following her around, I had her phone tampered, I had almost every aspect of her life watched only to prevent Antonio from talking to her, from taking her from me and yet the father got near her.

It was board line controlling, psychotic even but I could see it in her eyes. Even when she told me she'd try, I knew that if she saw him again, she'd run to him. I knew that if the opportunity presented itself, she would run away with him and everything I had done would have been for nothing.

All would mean nothing.

Looking up from my phone, she's easy to find among the people. She stands out, not because she's wearing something flashy or bright but because Contessina is easy to tell apart. She stands with confidence, she has this aura that tells her apart, people give her space even when they want to be close to her, she is grace and beauty and I wanted the impossible with her.

The moment I had seen him with her, I had been close to spilling blood, had me a heartbeat away from losing my composure at the sight of her frightened eyes. Wide, fearful, hazel eyes that looked at me, that had me contemplating whether I should just put an end to everything and disappear with her.

It would save me so much time and trouble but I hadn't been waiting years only to not enjoy his misery. I hadn't built up everything only to let him go off easy. I might be feeling something for the woman he loved but my vengeance was in the name of family, it was in the name of my sister who did not deserve to have been robbed of a whole life.

Watching her through dark shades, she doesn't see me and even if she did, she wouldn't acknowledge me.

The morning after kissing her, after almost taking her to bed, she had been cautious with me, shy even. She had tried not to look at me all while I tried to not think about how soft her lips had felt, how her skin heated up under my touch, how she would taste.

She had avoided me and I felt like a big ass for almost pushing her into something she clearly didn't want with me.

What I had done, my mother would have disapproved, she would have been so disappointed because she had taught me to treat women kindly, to respect them yet all I wanted to do with Contessina was disrespect her behind closed doors. I wanted to indulge in her kisses, in her body, in her mind and every part of her. I wanted to have her in every way possible, taint her, make her mine, erase every man before me, kill them even, just have her all to myself, only myself, till death.

Feeling Mayra slide in next to me, I don't turn to her, instead I just keep watching her. Watching her as many others are, seeing how she crouches low to the little boy's height, helping him aim and throw the balls, Contessinas smile never faltering as the boy misses, her only rubbing his back, saying something I can't hear or make out on her lips but I do see her urge the boy forward, closer to the target, helping him aim once more before he hits its mark, making the person sitting on the plank fall into the water.