Chapter 13

["Oh, it's you again, Faust. Still haven't had enough taste of defeat so you still come back for more?"

The thirteen year old Faust was slammed on the ground after failing to climb the tower in hopes of assassinating the eighteen year old Freya Xerxes.

How many attempts does this make? His 16th? He already lost count and Freya has already lost interest in defending against him. He could see the young queen giggling her heart out at him. How frustrating. He still isn't strong enough.

He glared at Freya who was leaning out the window of the fourth floor. Her hair was so long that Faust wondered if he could climb it just like those in the fairytales.

No! He is not a child anymore! Fairytales are luxuries for those who can afford to dream. But for him who woke up to reality too soon, he can't dwadle at childish thoughts.

"Aren't you getting tired of falling on your arse? Come. The door is unlock. Why don't you get in through there?"

"Is this a trick? Are you going to ambush me!?"

This made Freya laugh. Is this child for real!? Who asks a person you are trying to assasinate if she'll ambush you? How laughable. She hasn't been entertained like this for a while.

"Who knows? You'll just have to get in to find out. I have cake if you're hungry.", Freya coerced.

"I don't want your food!", Faust shouted. Besides, she might have poisoned it, he thought. But then again, he was getting hungry.

Faust stood up and hesitantly approached the tower's entrance. He stood there for a few minutes, contemplating on retreating for the day or falling for the queen's trick.

Well, for Freya, she did trick the young man. There is a trick, but not one that would put him in danger. It is true that the door to the tower is indeed unlock. No, to be more specific, it has no lock at all. Anyone could come in, for as long as they are a magi or vassal. Even finding the tower should prove to be difficult for people with no magic. But he was able to locate it not just once, but many times over.

Freya is trying to confirm if the young man has magical abilities or if his sixth sense is just that strong. There are times intuitive people stumble across her tower by accident.

Faust reached for the handle and twisted it. When Freya heard the familiar click of the door, a brillant smile graced her face. Ah, she had found another magi. Well, he came searching for her with evil intentions but nonetheless, she has met another much like her.

Freya raced down the stairs in order to welcome him to her tower. When she reached him, she ambushed him with a hug.

"Welcome to my magic tower! I am so glad to meet a fellow magi!"

"What are talking about? Who's a magi?"

Faust trembled. No. He can't be a magi. This girl is just talking nonsense.

"Oh so you still haven't realize it then? Well, you have magic powers. It was proven when you opened the door to my tower. Only magi can come in here. Isn't this great? Wait. What's wrong?"

Freya noticed that Faust's usual feral eyes were moist with tears.

"A magi? How...No!"

Faust was visibly shaken. He was clenching both hands tightly that it drew out blood. Freya was shocked.

"Faust. Relax, being a magi is..."