Chapter 11

Astrid swallowed back her scream when she recognized who the owner of the voice was. She turned around and was again shocked how close Damian's face was to her own. He was still holding her, staring intently at her face.

"W-what are you doing here?", Astrid whispered at him.

"You are wearing my coat.", Damian stated. Suppressing the smile threatening to break on his face. He couldn't help it.

He just wanted to satiate his desire to see her, that is why he secretly left home and headed to the palace in the middle of the night. He couldn't wait another day. He didn't even know what room she was in, all he knows was that it was located at the east wing.

It was by chance that she went onto her balcony that he saw her. But seeing her in his clothing awoken something in Damian. Something much deeper than his desire to see her. He wanted to get closer.

He wanted to rip it off and devour her.

Being a Taran, Damian knew, even when he was but a child, that they were different from any other human. He was stronger, has better martial prowess and over all superior to others. He also seem to age slower compared to people his age. And the most unnatural trait he has was that deep within him, he could feel a darkness that fuels his strength.

So jumping to and climbing her balcony was a simple matter.

"I- that's not important right now! Why are you here?", Astrid insisted.

As the shock left her system, she finally found the strength to push him away. But Damian tightened his hold on her and gently pulled her closer to his chest.

"...beautiful...Ash...tomorrow..."

"...I know...guard..."

Damian could hear two people arguing on the other side of the door. He lifted Ash by the waist and carried her to a secluded part of the balcony, far from the prying eyes and ears of her companions. He placed her between him and against the wall so that he could conceal this delectable woman.

"I was just passing by.", Damian smirked, looking down at Ash while she squirm within his grasp.

"Again!?"

Damian chuckled at her exasperated expression. The princess was quite amusing to tease.

"I came to see you.", Damian answered truthfully.

Astrid was baffled by the audacity of this man. How dare he pay a visit at such an ungodly hour!

"You do realize this is hardly the appropriate time for this, my lord. You have to go. What if someone sees you?", Astrid can't understand why Damian would risk being caught sneaking to a foreign lady's accomodation. Doesn't he have an image to uphold to? But then again, Damian never cared enough for how the public viewed him, just like when they were at the Academy.

"Why are you whispering?", Damian asked, tilting his head to the side with an eyebrow raised at her while deciding to ignore her demands.

"That's-..."

Why was she whispering? If she just raised her voice, Silva and the others would appear in an instant. Damian wouldn't have a choice but to let her go and be on his way. But she doesn't want to.

Upon the realization that she likes being with him like this, her face felt hot and she knows that her cheeks are flushed. She suddenly can't look at him in the eyes.

She feels like a rebel, meeting a man in the dead of the night unbeknownst to her companions.

With one hand still on her waist, Damian let the other roam towards her neck then her hair. He carressed her head with such gentleness that Astrid found her eyelids drop from exhaustion. It was comfortable, being in his arms. She felt safe.