Chapter Four

It's been a week since Shikadai saw the blonde boy and it was eating him alive. The last time he saw him was when he was leaving the library with Mitsuki. They only stayed for a mere five minutes and Shikadai barely got the chance to admire him. Chocho did end up trying to sneak her hand up Shikadai's thigh but he wasn't in the mood for games so he shut that shit down real quick. She got pissy at him for being so rude about it but maybe she'll finally realize he ain't interested.

Shikadai didn't know what he wanted with the boy. Shikadai took any opportunity at school to look for the blonde boy, hoping to maybe find his face in a crowd. He even looked for Mitsuki's signature blue hair to see if he was with him. He was never with him. Every time he passed by the flower shop, he tried to take a peek in but it was closed. It didn't matter the day or the time. Closed. Shikadai just wanted a look at the boy. Just wanted to see his face again for a split second. But it's like he disappeared off the face of the earth.

Shikadai knew it was probably not healthy to be this addicted to a boy whose name you don't even know. Part of him felt like a creep but from what he saw from Boruto and Chocho, this is how you act when you're infatuated with someone. And he was very infatuated with this boy. Everything about him screamed perfection. From his pretty looks to the way he carried himself all the way to his mannerism. This was a boy who knew he looked good and knew everyone thought the same. Shikadai wasn't sure if he wanted to become friends with him or date him or just kiss him really hard. Right now, all he knew is that he just wanted to see him. He would be content with just one little glance and it would be enough for him to stay in his thoughts for at least three days.

Shikadai was getting desperate and it was obvious. The next time he saw Mitsuki he basically bum-rushed him and cornered him against the lockers.

"That blonde boy with you at the library last week, where is he?" Shikadai asks and it was stupid to start off with that but he was desperate. Mitsuki seemed taken aback at the urgency but he recovered quickly.

"He's been on vacation," Mitsuki explains and he must have realized the next question Shikadai was going to ask.

"He's coming back tomorrow" Mitsuki interrupts, making the Nara nod in content. He can wait until tomorrow. He's already waited a week so one more day is nothing.

"Why do you care about-" Mitsuki starts to say but Shikadai wasn't listening. He had already walked away. He was going to talk to this boy tomorrow.