Chapter One

AN: I like this pairing a lot but all the stories on here seem like they're written by literal 12 years olds so I decided to write one.
💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌

Shikadai Nara did not do romance. He didn't have crushes. He didn't have sexual attraction. But he did wish to not be in this conversation right now. He was just trying to enjoy his new video game when his mom decided to bring up Yodo for the fourth time this week. It's about the tenth time she's brought up a relationship in general though. Shikadai is getting so old and he should be out looking for a wife. He's 17 now and that's when his mother and father got together. Shikadai has heard those words more times than he can count. Shikadai doesn't want a girlfriend. They're too troublesome. His dad should recognize that and at least urge his mother to forget about it.

Shikadai has heard so many stories about how strong and independent his mother was and yet she acts like marriage is her whole life. Shikadai doesn't understand. He also doesn't get why his mother seems so hell-bent on Yodo. It's weird. Shikadai is only 17. He wasn't even looking to be married. He's never even had a girlfriend.

Just because his parents and all his parent's friends ended up marrying the first people they ever got with doesn't mean Shikadai wants that. He doesn't want some distant relationship like Sarada's parents, never ever seeing each other. He doesn't want a relationship like Boruto's parents, the mayor always busy so being a housewife is your only personality, And he especially doesn't want a relationship like his own parents, always listening to the other because you're terrified of them. He doesn't want a relationship at all. And up until last month, he wasn't bothered about any of that. But for some reason, right when he hit 17, his mother acted like his life was almost over and he was still single.

Shikadai realized his mother stops taking and he turns to look at her.

"Are you done?" Shikadai asks, raising an eyebrow. He watched as his mother turned red and his father's eyes widened. Shikadai really didn't need this right now. He was already stressed about school and really didn't need his home life added.

"Because if you are, I'm gonna head out," Shikadai says as he saves his game. He quickly shuts the game console off before standing up. His mother stared at him in disbelief, wondering where this defiant personality came from. Shikadai has always been blunt but lately, he's just been disrespectful. Temari doesn't understand why.

Shikadai knew she didn't understand and he resented his mother for that. How can you constantly bring up relationships and make your son uncomfortable and then get mad when he gets annoyed? Shikadai wonders if his friends have to go through these same annoying lectures. They can't be worse this his own mother though.

After Temari didn't answer Shikadai, he took that as his answer and left the house. He took a deep sigh at the sound of his mother yelling as he walked out. He can deal with that later. She'll be cooled down by then. Hopefully.