CHAPTER 1

2021

"Taehyung! Quit sleeping in the shower for Christ's sake!", a loud bang was heard from the door. "Our water bill is already big. Stop using too much water.", he shouts.

Taehyung jumps from being seated on a small plastic chair under the running water. "I'm not sleeping, Pa!", he defends himself.

Quickly, he stands up and starts pouring shampoo on his hand, then putting it on his hair before rinsing it with clean water.

Minutes after, he finally steps out of the bathroom, his lower body covered with a towel. "Do you know how long I've been waiting here?!", his father smacks his arm. "Ow!", Taehyung acts as if he was in pure pain. "I'm sorry.", he chuckles before walking fast to his room.

He puts on his casual clothes and a pair of socks. With his reflection on the mirror, he takes a pair of glasses and wears it. "Hello. My name is Kim Taehyung. Starting today I will be...", he takes his black colored jacket and wears it. "Working for the Passenger Service Team."

For a moment, he stares at himself and smiles. "I look cool.", he nods to himself before grabbing his helmet and heads towards the kitchen.

"Are you going somewhere?", his father asks, placing a bowl of rice on the table for Taehyung.

"Mhm. I got accepted at the hospital.", Taehyung answers, placing a spoonful of rice in his mouth along with fried eggs.

His father quickly pulls the chair and takes a seat. "Hospital?", he asks, even leaning closer.

Taehyung only looks at his father. "Dad, you shouldn't be too obvious that you're getting old.", he chuckles. "I told you about it yesterday.", he adds.

Mr. Kim just laughs. "Am I that obvious?", he asks, shaking his head st his son's words. "So, in which part of the hospital are you working? The emergency room?"

Taehyung shakes his head.

"Surgery?"

Taehyung shakes his head again.

"Maintenance?"

"No, Dad.", Taehyung says.

"...Ambulance?"

"In the office, Dad.", Taehyung clears it up for him instead. "The Security Team.", he adds.

"Oh? Then that means... You're like catching criminals, right?", his dad asks. Taehyung just nods.

Their conversation came to a stop as Mr. Kim just watches Taehyung eat, a soft sigh coming out from his mouth.

As Taehyung was about to leave, Mr. Kim stands up from his seat and calls his son.

"Taehyung, did you decide to work for the hospital to find who did that to your Mother?", he carefully asks with a soft tone.

Taehyung thought for a moment before facing his father. "No.", he forced a smile. "It's been four years, the guy's either dead or suffering on a hospital bed.", he adds.

Mr. Kim just nods. "Right. Alright. You go and have a good day at work.", he smiles at his son and pats his back. Taehyung bows his head and steps outside their house, hopping onto his motorcycle and placing his helmet on his head.

As he starts the bike, he pressed on the horn twice before driving away and to the Metropolitan Hospital. It was quite the long drive for him as he lives a bit far from his new workplace.

-

"Hello, my name is Kim Taehyung. Starting today I will be working for the Security Team. I'm confident and will work hard!", a loud greeting echoes throughout the hospital hallway as Taehyung also stands by the open door.