CHAPTER 20

Taehyung sat on his office chair with a vacant stare, clicking on his pen repeatedly.

"Hey.", Namjoon tries to call Taehyung's attention as he was getting distracted by the pen's noise. "Kim Taehyung! Snap out of it.", he raised his voice.

Taehyung then jumps from his seat and rapidly blinks his eyes as he placed the pen down on his desk.

"What's going on with you? Ever since you came back, you look so dull.", Namjoon looks at Taehyung as he asks.

"Mr. Kim...", Taehyung calls him. "Do you want to have a drink with me?", he asks.

Namjoon then lifts an eyebrow up, then softly sighs. "I'd love to, but I have to go fetch my little sister in her school.", he says. "Maybe those two can.", he looks at Yoongi and Jungkook.

Yoongi stood up and wears his backpack. "I'll be leaving now. I'll see you tomorrow.", he says, then leaves the office.

As Jungkook stands up, Joon gives him a death stare, as if telling Jungkook to stay and accompany Taehyung.

Jungkook then exhales. "I'll come with you, Mr. Kim.", he says.

-

Inside a tent bar, Jungkook accompanies a now slightly drunk Taehyung who immediately asked for a bottle of soju upon their arrival. They have been staying inside the tent bar for about thirty minutes now, with Jungkook only watching Taehyung drink three bottles straight without talking.

"Hyung, you shouldn't be too drunk.", Jungkook says as he looks at the three empty bottles of soju.

"Oh? It's the first time you've called me hyung.", Taehyung drunkenly chuckles. "Auntie! One more soju please.", he says out loud.

"Did something happen?", Jungkook worriedly asks as he just opens the bottle of soju the moment the server placed it on their table, pouring Taehyung a shot.

Taehyung then drinks it, then slams the plastic cup on the surface. "Senior Inspector Kim broke up with me.", he says. "For some reason that I do not know of.", he loudly huffs. Then Taehyung remembers what he had told her.

"Ah! It's because...", he blinks his eyes and looks at Jungkook. "I was supposed to be fired when I took the gun for uh...", he looks away and tries to remember. "What do you call that...per... affair..."

Jungkook pours him a drink again. "You mean personal affairs?", he asks. Taehyung then put his hands together and smiles. "Personal affairs! Right. That.", he then hiccups. "But then Senior Inspector Kim begged the CEO to not fire me."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows at his colleague's statement. "So.. so you're telling me that that is what you said to Senior Inspector Kim?", he asks as he pours himself a shot, drinking it after talking. Taehyung just nods as an answer. "Mhm. And what else did you tell her?", Jungkook asks again.

"I told her that what she did was unnecessary.", Taehyung says, his eyes slowly closing as he was already deep in his drunken state. Jungkook then shakes his head in disbelief. "You shouldn't have said that.", he says, then turns around to the owner of the tent bar. "Auntie, please give us three more bottles!", he says. "Alright!", the vendor says.

As the Auntie put down the three bottles of soju on the table, she looks at Taehyung, then looks at Jungkook. "Good luck to you. He's about to devour all these bottles.", she says and takes the first three empty bottles. Jungkook lets out a nervous chuckle. "I know. We'll probably stay here for more than an hour.", he asks for permission, and the vendor just nods. "Alright. Have fun.", she says and leaves.

After almost two hours, Jungkook decides to just get Taehyung's wallet and pay for all the bottles and food they purchased. Jungkook then just placed Taehyung's wallet inside the inner pocket of his jacket. He was not as drunk as Taehyung was, who even needed Jungkook to help him stand up.