CHAPTER 11

For two days out of three, Jisoo secretly helped Taehyung in serving guests and cleaning the funeral hall.

She had also asked Inspector Jung to talk to Taehyung in behalf of her when it comes to giving updates.

As much as she wanted to talk to Taehyung personally, she was scared.

She was scared that what she might possibly tell Taehyung will drive him away for her. So she becomes a bit distant.

Jisoo would only come during mornings, but on the third morning, she sees Taehyung laying on the wooden floor, asleep.

A sigh escapes her mouth and so she approached him, kneeling and sitting on her own heels.

She looks at Taehyung closely, even fixing his hair up. She then caressed his face with her soft hands.

Taehyung slightly moved, causing Jisoo to pull her hand to herself.

Standing up, she walks towards the room for family members and grabs a blanket and a pillow, then coming back to Taehyung and gently lifts his head to put down the pillow. She then unfolds the blanket and lays it over Taehyung.

From a table on the far corner, she grabs a tray and takes a plate full of food along with a bottle of water. She covers it with a cling wrap and placed the tray near Taehyung, then plants a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll do my best to catch the culprit for you.", she whispers and looks at Mr. Kim's photo before leaving the funeral hall.

--

"Senior Inspector Kim!", Officer Bang, who is Inspector Jung's assistant, runs to Jisoo, completely out of breath.

"Carpe Diem Bar. Choi Seunghyun is there, this is our chance.", he says, wiping his sweat. He was smiling as he was excited to finally put handcuffs on a wanted criminal.

"Where is that?", Jisoo fixed her gun belt, tightening it.

Officer Bang then frowns. "Between Jungjin City and Seoul...", his voice became low, knowing that the bar is very far.

"Alright. Drive.", Jisoo says and tossed the keys to Chan, who then jogged to Jisoo's car.

-

Arriving at the location of the bar, Inspector Jung was already there along with Inspector Manoban and Inspector Bambam, waiting for Jisoo.

As she got out of the car, she takes off her police cap and ties her hair into a ponytail.

"This is exciting. It's been so long since I worked with Senior Inspector Kim.", Bambam says, and Jisoo just smiles.

"How's Mr. Kim? He must be really exhausted.", Lisa pouts at the thought of Taehyung.

"Hm.", Inspector Jung joins the conversation. "Physically, he isn't. Senior Inspector Kim has always visited every morning and cleans up for him.", he smiles.

Jisoo then clears her throat, changing the subject. "Block all exits. Inspector Jung, you come with me. Officer Bang will stay on guard outside, and Lisa, Bambam.", she points at the two. "You stay guard on all possible exits."

"Alright. Let's put an end to this.", Inspector Jung says, to which they all nod.

Jisoo and Hoseok then walks inside, showing their police ID to the bouncer who immediately let them in.

Hoseok approaches one of the bartenders and whispers. "Where is Choi Seunghyun?", he looks at the male bartender in the eyes.

"We are not allowed to give information about our VIP guests to strangers.", the man says.