CHAPTER 10

Inspector Jung was seated on his office chair, while Taehyung was seated on the chair behind the desk. Jisoo was just on the sofa, reading a book she found on the small table.

"We can transfer the body to the funeral home beside Metropolitan Hospital tomorrow. It's where you work, right, Mr. Kim?", Inspector Jung looks at him.

Taehyung nods, not even opening his mouth to answer the inspector's questions.

Hoseok lets out a soft sigh, feeling bad for Taehyung. He then pulls the drawer under his desk and grabs a sealed transparent bag.

He placed it on the desk and then closed the drawer. "We only retrieved his wallet. His phone is... nowhere to be found.", Inspector Jung says.

"But he called me four days ago.", Taehyung says, his voice low. "He told me not to worry.", he sighs.

Inspector Jung and Jisoo then glanced at each other, then Hoseok leans forward on the desk, taking out a piece of paper and a ball point pen. "You can give us his number, and we'll track it.", he says.

Taehyung lifts his head up, a bit hesitant, but then he nods and writes down the numbers.

"The second number is mine. Please give me a call and update me.", Taehyung says, and Inspector Jung gives him a smile. "We will do, Sir. And we'll do our very best to bring you justice.", he says. Hoseok lifts his hand to check the time on his wristwatch.

'2:38 AM'

"I think I'll be seeing you at the funeral home when the sun is up.", Hoseok stands up.

"Thank you, Inspector.", Taehyung also stands up, and the two men looked at Jisoo who had fallen asleep on the sofa.

"But... What are we going to do with her?", Hoseok points at Jisoo.

Taehyung's lips curved into a small smile. "I'll wake her up.", he says.

Inspector Jung just nods. "Alright then. I'll leave now."

Taehyung stops the inspector by grabbing his wrist. "Please use my motorbike to Seoul tomorrow. I'll have to use Senior Inspector Kim's car to drive her home.", he puts the key of his motorcycle on Inspector Jung's palm.

Before Hoseok could even refuse, Taehyung turns his back and walks to Jisoo, picking her up.

"I don't know how to drive a motorcycle, Mr. Kim.", Hoseok says, following Taehyung's wide footsteps to Jisoo's car. He even opens the car door for Taehyung.

"Then...", Taehyung lets Jisoo sit in the car comfortably first before facing Inspector Jung.

"Please bring someone who knows how to drive a motorcycle.", he says and bows. "Goodnight, Inspector.", he then walks to the driver's seat, and Hoseok just watched him.

As Taehyung starts the car, he fastens the seat belt for Jisoo before driving away and back to Seoul.

--

Seunghyun sits on a chair inside the room of a private bar in Jungjin City, gulping down every shot of soju given to him.

His men were having a conversation on the side.

"Who was arrested?", Seunghyun looks at one of the men.

"Ah. No one, Sir. Please don't mind us.", the man's voice trembled.

"I said.", Seunghyun slams his hand on the table. "Who was arrested?", he asks again.

The man then swallows hard. "Y-your...", he exhales loudly. "Your father, Sir."