CHAPTER 8

"Mister Bulldoze guy, let's go!", a bearded man with a safety helmet shouts. "Let's do our best to finish this today!", the team leader says as he watched the two demolition vehicles move.

The mountain of rubble was started to get bulldozed. Under a tall tent stood the team leader and a young man, monitoring the clearing of concrete debris through a drone.

In the middle of the monitoring, the young man spoke. "Oh?, he says and controls the drone, moving it closer to what seemed to be a hand.

"What? Did you see some goodies, Lucas?", the team leader asks. In their previoud demolition projects, they usually find objects that can still be used.

Lucas shakes his head. "S-sir... There's a p-person...", he stutters and looks ahead, the demolition vehicle was almost near to where the visible hand was.

"What?!", the team leader grabs the gadget and looks closely at the screen. He then gives it back to Lucas after a minute and grabs his hand radio.

"Everybody stop, right now!", he says, and the bulldozers also stopped.

The leader then walks on top of the rubble to where the drone stayed.
Some of the demolition team followed him as well.

Upon seeing the hand, he immediately grabs the smaller bricks of concrete and throws it down to get the person.

Another guy was in shock, but helps the team leader any way.

It took them almost an hour to retrieve the whole body because of the heavy concrete.

--

"What happened here?", Inspector Jung was called to the scene, walking to the group of people crowding the body.

"Officer we found a body buried in the rubble earlier. We demolished the building yesterday...", Lucas says.

"Did you not check inside before proceeding with the demolition?!", the officer raises his voice, then shifting his gaze to the lifeless body brought away from the concrete rubble.

He kneels on one knee and searches the man's upper clothes as well as his pants.

He feels something inside the pocket, so Hoseok takes it out.

Quickly, he opens it and sees a family picture. There were three of them on the photograph, and behind it had the date written when it was taken.

He then takes out an identification card.

"Kim Taebin. June 16 1963.", he reads out loud and deeply exhales as soon as he sees the city on the address, Seoul.

"Inspector Jung.", another officer calls him, pointing at Mr. Kim's hands that were tied together with a thick rope, making Hoseok raise his eyebrows up. "Did you talk with the Manager, Officer Bang?", he asks, to which the young man nods.

"He told me that the place was been completely locked since last month, but there were still people who managed to get inside without permission.", Officer Bang says. "And who are those people?", Hoseok asks.

"His name is Choi Seunghyun, Inspector. The manager said that he had bought the lot and asked them to demolish the abandoned building and construct his company building.", the young man answers.

Hoseok just nods his head and looks at the lifeless body on the ground and sighs before looking at the identification card. It didn't contain any contact numbers, which is a con for Hoseok to investigate. The city where Mr. Kim lives is three hours away, and there weren't any smart phone on the victim's pocket.

"He has bruises on his face and cuts on his arms, I think he was beaten up, Sir.", Officer Bang says while Hoseok was in deep thoughts, trying to analyze the situation. "Call OCME and send examiners here.", Hoseok tells Chan who immediately complied.