The Woods

Julia's heart raced as she took in her surroundings. The dimly lit room seemed unfamiliar, and the realization that she was tied to a chair sent a surge of panic through her veins. She strained against her restraints, her eyes darting around the room for any sign of an escape route. Her gaze landed on Anna, her friend who was also bound and seemingly unable to speak.

Anna's eyes pleaded with Julia, her muffled attempts to communicate only adding to the sense of urgency. Julia's mind raced, trying to piece together what had happened. She struggled to remember how she ended up in this nightmarish situation, her memories hazy and fragmented.

"How did you get here Anna? Why are my hands and legs tied? Where are we? What's this place?" she began sobbing.

Anna felt so helpless as she watched Julia cry. Her emotions got the best of her and she sobs silently.

"My brother is dead" Julia muffles hiccupping. "And is because of you he died. You caused his death, Anna" she croaked the last words bitterly and Anna shook her head repeatedly crying.

Julia couldn't care less about Anna's present predicament. She's seen all the injuries on Anna's body but that wasn't what was on her mind. Not that she didn't care about her, but the death of her brother is causing her so much pain and bitterness that she doesn't care to know if Anna was doing okay or not. She didn't even remember telling Anna about her parents and how they'd been caring for her and her sister.

"You took him away from us, why? Why did you let him die? He was our only hope of living. Now who is going to take care of us?" she wails. "Do you know who I'm feeling pity for right now? My poor mother who is battling with her life in a coma for the past two days now."

Anna's eyes widens when she heard the bad news and more tears rolled down her cheeks. She wished she could take off the tape on her lips and explain the whole truth to Julia but it was only a wish.

"Did you ask for them to bring me here also so I could be killed like my brother?" Julia asks weakly after a few minutes of silence.

Anna's eyes widens in disbelief and she stared blankly at her. Of all the allegations Julia had accused her of, this one knocked her off completely and her heart broke into pieces. Tears clouded her eyes and she sat there wishing for death to swallow her.

Just the echoes of their sobs could be heard in the basement. Julia cried until she fell asleep again. While Anna stayed wide awake but she was drowning herself in deep thoughts.

"I was right after all, Drake's family thinks I'm behind his death. This means his friends also think the same about me, no wonder the cops haven't found me yet. Now Julia thinks I sent for her to be killed as well" Anna thought inwardly and sobbed silently.

"All I need is just a chance to prove my innocence. And helping Julia escape this godforsaken place is the only way out. I can't bear to lose her just as I had lost her brother. I don't mind risking my life for hers. I know if she succeeds in escaping here she'll tell the cops to come and save me from this hell that I am in" Anna resolved.

An hour later, the kidnapper arrived and his presence caused both girls to wake up from their slumber. His mask was off his face. "I see you two were enjoying your nap," he said and gave a wide grin.

Anna scowls at him and he met gaze with hers. "What now little tramp? Why are you glaring at me like I said something bad?" he laughs and Anna gave a manly growl. "Or did you miss me?" he dared asks.

"Go to hell, you bastard!" Anna cursed under her breath. She wanted to say those words aloud but it only came out as a muffle. She groans and gritted her teeth in anger.

"Why did you bring me here? Do you want to kill me as you killed my brother?" Julia's petite voice rang in the basement.

Anna glanced at Julia and her eyes were pleading for Julia to stare back at her, but Julia's gaze was fixed on the psychopath in front of them. Anna doesn't want anything that will provoke him and if there's anything that provokes him it'll cause him not to hesitate to hit Julia.