Frustration and Regrets

A slight smile parted the doctor's lips, "Fortunately, she survived it" he announced.

A huge sigh of relief flooded their heart and they hugged each other.

"Your mom is a strong woman. Although she's in the coma right now, it wouldn't be long before she'll wake up" the doctor continues.

"Thank you Jesus" Kylie mumbles.

"Doctor, can we see her right now?" Julia asks hastily.

"Yes, but just one person at a time. I'll leave you guys alone now, I have other patients to attend to" he said and turnaround to leave.

"Thank you doctor" they chorused and he nods and walked away.

"Kylie, Mom is alive!" Julia exclaims and hugs her sister.

"Yes, she is" Kylie responded pecking her sister's head.

"You see, I told you guys she'll be fine" Nicole chirped and embrace her boyfriend.

"Who is going to see her first?" Jay asks.

"Let my sister go first," Kylie said releasing Julia from her embrace.

"No, you're my elder sis, you should go before me. I don't want to see Mom all alone right now, I can't handle the emotions alone. So you should go in first" Julia objected.

All of their gazes fell on Julia, they were all worried hearing her say that.

"Are you sure you're okay with not seeing Mom?" Kylie asks and Julia nods.

"I'm sure about this. Just go ahead and stay with Mom for as long as you can. I'll be with Nicole and the guys till you're out" Julia spoke up and flashed her sister a smile.

"Okay, please don't leave their sight. I'll be right back" Kylie replies and placed a kiss on her sister's forehead. "I'll be right back guys," she told her friends and they nodded at her. She left them and walked to her mom's wardroom.

"Let's go and have some coffee close by," Brad suggested and they nodded and left the hallway.

***

Alice and her squad were still at the crime scene investigating the homicide that had taken place. They were looking for any possible clues to find the murderer. Right about now she was interrogating the two neighbors if they noticed any unfamiliar occurrences last night.

One of the neighbors named Oscar said he was sleeping soundly last night and didn't hear anything odd in the neighborhood.

"Or honey did you hear anything?" Oscar asks his wife and she nods.

"I heard screams" Mrs. Oscar and Mrs. George the second neighbor answered in unison.

"You heard screams?" Alice raised a brow at them and they nodded. "Then why didn't you come out and find out what was going on?" she frowns at them.

"Because I taught that crazy girl is at it again" Mrs. Oscar replies nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" Alice questions looking confused.

"There's this night she screamed like that outside her house when she was coming back from work, and when we came rushing out to find out what's wrong she said it was just a rat that startled her" Mrs. Oscar narrated.

"Are you sure that's what she said?" Alice asks not satisfied with the response she just got.

"Yes, cop. But I had a feeling something was up that night before she got so scared that way" Mrs. George answered.

"Did she tell you anything like someone was chasing after her or something similar to that?" Alice asks and Mrs. George shook her head.

"She didn't tell me anything of such, it was only a suspicion I had" Mrs. George replied.