I Wish You Were Here

Playlist ~ Lewis Capaldi – I wish you the best

"Damn it!" Dark Blood grumbled in frustration, his hand begrudgingly lifting.

"I said let go of your gun and place it on the floor!" Liam's tone grew more forceful, his patience wearing thin. Dark Blood hesitated before reluctantly complying, slowly lowering the weapon to the ground.

In a swift motion, Dark Blood turned and attempted to fire a shot at Liam, but Liam evaded the bullet with a deft maneuver. Reacting swiftly, Liam aimed his own weapon at Dark Blood's left thigh.

"Ah! You bastard! I thought you were dead!" Dark Blood's pained cry filled the air.

"Not before putting an end to you," Liam retorted with a steely glare, firing another precise shot that struck Dark Blood's right arm, causing him to drop his gun.

Dark Blood's agonized squeal echoed through the air as his grip tightened on his injured thigh. Liam swiftly approached, snatching up the fallen gun before delivering a swift kick to Dark Blood's stomach.

"You despicable bastard, you nearly took the life of an innocent girl! What did she ever do to deserve the torment and suffering you inflicted on her? Answer me, you heartless monster!" Liam's voice dripped with anger and contempt.

Dark Blood's laughter echoed, sending shivers down Liam's spine. "For the thrill, and of course, for the money. My deal is almost sealed. Once that little brat is out of the picture, I'll be swimming in riches."

The callous response fueled Liam's rage, prompting him to strike Dark Blood across the face with the butt of his gun. "You're quite the piece of work, aren't you? Newsflash, she escaped with her father. So, what's your brilliant plan now?" Liam taunted with a smirk, wiping the grin off Dark Blood's face.

Stunned and wide-eyed, Dark Blood remained frozen for a brief, disbelieving moment.

Meanwhile, within the room, Alice and Powell had been listening intently to the exchange between Dark Blood and Liam.

"That's Liam's voice. He's alive," Alice breathed a sigh of relief and pounded on the door. "Liam, it's me, Alice! Are you both alright?"

"Alice?!" Liam's voice was filled with both surprise and relief.

"Yes, Liam, it's really me!" Alice confirmed.

"Thank goodness you're okay! And yes, I'm fine. Just give me a moment to deal with this bomb on the door," Liam replied, his attention shifting between the potentially explosive device and the incapacitated Dark Blood at his feet. With one hand on the bomb and the other pointing the gun at Dark Blood, he continued disconnecting it.

"What about Greg? Is he alright?"

"Yes, he's fine. He just left with his daughter."

"What! You guys found Anna?"

"Yes, we did. You guys can come out now" he announced and stepped aside for them to open the door and come out. The bomb remained in his hand waiting for him to blow it up on Dark Blood.

"You just ruined my $10,000 million deal! There's no way you are going to get away with this!" Dark Blood grimaced with gritted teeth and he glared disdainfully at Liam.

"Shut your damn mouth or I'll pull this trigger right through it!" Liam snapped back at him and came standing right in front of him with his gun pointed directly at Dark Blood's mouth.

"C'mon do it, if you have the balls" Dark Blood dares Liam and Liam snorted and cocked his gun.

"You think I'm like other CSI guys? With what I just saw you did to that innocent girl, people like you don't deserve to live. The law is not enough to give justice to such heartless crimes! So if you push me one more time, I wouldn't mind blowing off your goddamn head!"