Chapter 2

"Of course I did." he chuckled. Him and I have been together for about five years now. I meet him in college, English class. Back then I was only taking about four classes. But he asked me out and wouldnt stop when I said I was busy. Back then I didn't want a relationship. Just to hard I guess you could say. But he talked me into it.

"Ah. Lol. I'm on the plane right now, and I'll be home in two hours."

"Okay sounds good."

"And Jake is coming too, he's place is still all full of fumes."

"Ok cool, no problem. Just make sure you tell the pilot to fly higher so you can get home faster."

"I will don't worry. I love you."

"Love you baby."

"Thanks Nes, but you didn't have to do that I can get a hotel."

"Hotel my ass." I said. "No way, and besides its not like Randy doesn't like you. Well he told me at first that he didn't like you and then he got to know you and now your one of his best friends."

"Okay we'll, thanks Nes." I smiled and settled into my chair and felll asleep.

******

We landed three hours later, I got my bags and I pretty much made Jake run to my car even though we were both half asleep. I threw the bags in the back and raced through the streets and turned off on a dirt road. I zipped around the curves and turns and finally I pulled into a familiar driveway. The river circled my property and the quiet whiny of my horses in the darkness. The house was dark of course. Randy must have gone to bed.

"Come on in and pick any room," I told Jake. I walked quickly threw the house and to the master bedroom. I opened the door and went over to the opposite side of the bed. A familiar dark blonde hair, blue- green eyed man was sleeping. He looked very cute, and I realized just how much I missed him. I sat on the edge of the bed and kissed his temple. "Hi honey." I whispered. He opened his eyes.

"Hey." he whispered."How was your flight?"

"Good you know." I smiled. He chuckled, and yawned. The next thing I knew I was on the other side of him.

"Love you." and I nestled into his chest and fell asleep.

*****

Randy and I woke up and went out to fed and water the horses. This was simple, the easy life. It was always nice to come home to a fine and quiet place in the middle of nowhere. The total opposite of my job.

"They missed you," he said as all of our four horses hudled around me. They nusled my stomach and back.

"They were missed too," I scratched behind my mares ear, and looked over to Randy.

"Breakfast?" He held out his hand.

"Sounds great," and I took his hand. We walked back to the house, our arms swinging between us. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked when we got inside.

"Hmm. Let me think." He said pushing me against the counter, and kissed me. "You."

"Kid in the room," Jake said walking in the kitchen.

"Thanks Jake," Randy muttered against my lips.

"Anytime," he chuckled.

"Just ignore him," I rolled my eyes, and pulled Randy close again.

"But I'm hungry!!!" Randy said after about ten seconds.

"Damn I missed you," I laughed. "Eggs sound good?" I pulled out the ingredients.

"Oh, Nes." Jake said, looking at his phone. "Boss needs us ASAP." he started getting up from the table.

"Now?" I protested.

"Now," Jake said, dead serious. I went out the door to my car and got into the drivers seat.

"I got to go, babe." I kissed him again and ran out the door. "Is it bad?" I asked.

"We'll see."

*****

Soon we were at the base, an a banded old ware house just outside of town. The actuall base was under ground. We went inside the building. Jake went ahead of me, and to the wall and pressed his hand against the palm scanner. The door to the elevator opened. We stepped in and the elevator immediately went down.

"Vanessa," my boss, Sarah Woodcock said. "Come with me." she put her hand on. Y back and led me to the conference room. She sat me down in the circle of chairs. "Vanessa, Jake. Eric Shelf."

"The killer?" Jake asked.

"yes, we haven't been able to catch him as you already know, but the other night when you two were gone one of his men shot a victim for something. But a man saw shoot the guy. So then of course the guy told Shelf, and now that man is named there next target."

"Whose the man?" I asked. Sarah pushed a file in front of me and opened it to a picture of what I guessed was the target, and my mouth dropped pretty much to the floor. Because the target was Randy, my fiancé.