Chapter 3

"Randy?" Jake yelled. "Randy is the next target for the most dangerous man in the world. Randy?"

"Yes, Randy I guess was riding his horse around, and came over the cliff to take in the view, and he saw a person getting shot," Sarah said.

"Did he tell you about this, Nes?" Jake asked rubbing my back. I just shook my head, I couldn't speak. "Well he does think that your just a sales man, er woman."

"And theres more, since this is Eric Shelf, Randy needs protection so I am assigning my best for the job, you two, and he's coming here now."

"What!" I could speak now. "Now?" when she shook her head I continued. "So after five years of hiding my secret from him, his going to find out now?"

"Would you want anyone else to protect him?" Sarah asked. Of course I didn't, but I'm scared of what will happen when he finds out.

"No, I just can't let him see this side of me."

"I know that, but this has to be done."

"Yes ma'am." Sarah looked at her watch.

"He's here." I looked at jake.

"I'll go first." he followed Sarah out the door to the front entrance. Slowly I followed along.

"Randy Mitchell?" I heard Sarah say.

"Yes," I heard him say.

"You know why you're here right?" When he didn't answer she continued. "Your in danger, the most dangerous man in the world wants to kill you."

"Because I saw that man get killed?"

"Yes, and I have assigned my two best agents to protect you. You actually know both of them."

"Who are they?" He whispered.

"One is the worlds best male spy and the other is the worlds best female spy. You will be in great hands. And just do you know they wanted to tell you but they couldn't because they needed to protect you."

"Who are they?" He repeated.

"Agent Jacobsen and Agent Ericson come out please." Now was the moment I've been dreading. I took a deep breath and put on a face that was the total opposite than the one Randy knew. I stepped easily with Jake around the corner. I looked at Randy, and he's mouth dropped.

"Nes? Vanessa?" He asked shocked.

"Hello Randell." I said coldly.

"What the hell? Jake? Please tell me you are joking."

"No, Randy they aren't. Please meet Agent Jake Jacobsen and Agent Vanessa Ericson," Sarah said. Randy just looked at us in shock.

"Why didnt they tell me?"

"Because if we did then you'd probably be in danger." Jake answered.

"And look at where I am now." He turned away. "Leave me alone Vanessa, Jake you can stay."

"Randy." Jake protested.

"No it's fine." I left them and went back around the corner.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Randy demanded.

"We told you why." Jake answered.

"Vanessa isn't the same person is she? She's a liar, a killer."

"She is exactly the same person, there's just a different side to her than you know. And that side is something you will see these next couple weeks. It's not pretty believe me, but you love her don't you?"