Chapter 7

Jake, Emma, Niall and I were positioned on the roof of the building that Shelf and his men were in. I knew what was coming, the biggest, and possibly the hardest fight of my life. I didn't know who I'd be fighting, and right now I didn't care. All of us were ready. The team and back up all wore bullet proff vests, and we all packed back up ammo and hand guns. I carried a couple knifes as usual.

The building that Shelf and his men were assembled in was no Holiday Inn. It was about ten stories, next to a building about the same height, where Sarah was. It was on a huge lake in the middle of no where.

"Okay agents I recently learned that Shelf and his men are shipping their deliveries tonight. There's a lot of them, I'm not sure how many. Vanessa get to Shelfs computer and cancel and delete the shipments. Do whatever you have to do to make sure that the shipments get cancelled. Everyone else, stop the guards from helping Shelf, and stop them from stopping Nes. All of the guards are here right now. So be brave, and fight hard."

We are now minutes away from the start of the mission. Id do what I had to do as usual. This was no picnic, but it wasn't new either.

"You ready?" Jake asked. He had a familiar look on his face. The look he got before we went on missions.

"Yeah, you?"

"Oh yeah, just do me a favor?" he stepped closer.

"Yeah?"

"Don't you dare get hurt."

"I'll try." and he kissed me. It was all I could promise. We both knew that I'd be a prime target for both Randy and Shelf.

"Get ready agents," Sarah said in our ears. "Jake remember to stay with Nes at all times."

"I wouldn't be anywhere else, Sarah."

"Okay, snipers take out your targets." There were gunshots and people inside the building screamed.

"Go." The four of us ran through through the door to the top level. There were about ten guards facing the main door. They weren't expecting us, we pasted them easily and ran down the stairs.

"Jake, Nes, big ugly 1 and 2 are three floors down."

"10-4." Jake and I said at the same time. We ran down the stairs, Emma and Niall left us one floor down, the ninth floor. Then we were on the seventh floor where Randy and Shelf were. Jake went in front of me and kicked in the door. Shelf and Randy were looking out over the lake.

"Hello Vanessa and Jacob." Shelf said turning to face us. "I told you I would be seeing you again. Join us, and no harm will come to you."

"Over my dead body." I sneered.

"As you wish. Men?" He asked. But none came.

"You think we don't have anything up our sleeves?" Jake asked. We killed your men before they had time to hide up here. Now they were the ones that looked shocked. I aimed my gun at Shelf. Randy had his eyes locked on Jake. Randy ran at him and their dance was on.

"Well now Vanessa." Shelf said. "You proved us wrong. You know more than we do. But I can only imagine just how much of a fighter you'd be if I was the one that raised you." My gun was still aimed at him. "You're so much like our mother. It's unbelievable, your blonde hair is just like hers. Your green eyes, just like hers. I miss her so much, I regret having her killed."

"No shit."

"But she should've told me, Peter and Ericka werent fit to raise you. They-" and with that I put a bullet in his head.

"Good now while Jake has Randys attention. Go to his office and log into his computer. Get the schedule for deliveries and cancel all of them." I ran over to the computer in the corner and sat in the chair.

"Password? Password?" I asked myself. I took a wild guess and typed, V-A-N-E-S-S-A. It worked. I went to the icon that said deliveries. "Sarah there's over a thousand here!"

"Hurry." I started clicking through them and pushed the cancel botton, then deleted the file.

"I may have betrayed her, but you took advantage of her when she was vulnerable." Randy snarled at Jake. I glanced over my shoulder at them. Randy's lip was bleeding and Jake looked okay at the moment. Jakes gun laid across the room. randy must have knocked away when he ran at him. Jakes fine, I tried to convince myself. I continued to click through files. I only had about a hundred left.

"No, you're wrong again. She kissed me. I've known her longer. You were just some guy she met." Randy threw a pinch at Jake, and their dance continued. Only three more files to go.

"Do you love her?" Now Randy had Jake pinned against the wall. Jakes left temple ws bleeding.

"Yes." He flipped Randy over his head and they started throwing punchs again. Randy spun and landed a kick in Jakes chest. Jake tackled Randy and they both landed on the ground. They were panting and sweating; obviously worn out, but they knew if they lessened up the other would take that opportunity and end the fight.

The last file was the biggest, it took about five minutes to close, while the others only took seconds. It was almost fully deleted when I heard a gunshot.