Chapter 6

"Can I go in there?" Randy asked.

"You want to go in the same room with the man that wants to kill you?" I asked. "I don't think so."

"Come on Nes, he's in a confined room, and you and Jake can go with me. I'll be perfectly safe." It was true.

"Okay, Jake can you come with?" He nodded and the four of us went into the room.

"Ah!" Shelf said happily. "Why if it isn't Jason! Or should I call you Jacob?" of course he knew. Why the hell wouldn't he? "And Randy!"

"Hello Shelf," Randy said taking a step closer to me. If he was scared he didn't show it. "Why did you want to kill me?" He took a step closer to Shelf.

"You saw something you shouldn't have. Believe me it's nothing personal, it's just business." Randy started walking around him to where he stood behind him. He looked angry.

"So you were going to kill an innocent man? And hurt your daughter in the process? Your a sick man."

"Yes that might be true, but who said you were innocent?" Shelf smiled at Randy and he smiled back.

"Your right, boss." Boss? What did he mean?

"You know I am." There was a click and Shelf stood straight up, he was free of the handcuffs. "Well I must say Vanessa you are as beautiful as I hoped you'd be. I will be seeing you." I turned around and Randy had opened the door and both him and Shelf ran from the room. Jake and I instinctively ran after them, but they had a head start. They ran through the window even though we were three stories up, and landed safely inside a hilocopter. Both waving as we stood stunned.

"What the hell was that?" Jake yelled.

"I don't know, but Randy called him boss!" I yelled back. I was confused, Randy had stolen the key easily without us knowing it.

"What the hell was that?" Jake repeated. Then my phone buzzed in my pocket, with Randy's name flashing in white.

"Hello?" I asked turning it on speaker.

"Hello Nes," Randy said on the other end. "I'm sorry it had to end this way. I want you to know that I do love you."

"Bullshit."

"Well I guess you should know. Susan is my mom, you met her when you were on your little mission. Well my father died when I was two. When I was ten I started training with Eric. He raised me like his own son. Then he told me to get as close to you as possible. Then when he told me I would become his target. He said that you'd never suspect me, and well you have to admit that he was right."

"Well I have a new target then don't I ?"

"Maybe, but don't get hurt. I don't want to hurt you. I may not have as many kills as you, but I have more than Jake. I've been training long, and I know more than you will ever know."

"Well see about that, you just found out a couple days ago that I was a spy. And I know for one thing that Shelf couldn't watch me after I become a spy."

"True, you suddenly went off his radar."

"Then you have no idea what I can do. Good- bye Randy." I said, shutting the phone off. I threw it in anger across the room where is smashed into hundreds of pieces. "What's the plan?" I asked Sarah.

"This caught all of us by surprise, but we do know where he is," she pointed to the monitor. She was tracking the call. "Sinfelt, Utah. We will start planning in the morning. They expect us now. We will wait until they don't expect us anymore. So ou two go get some rest."

*********

If I thought that th pe last mission was the most dangerous, this topped that by a thousand. Randy was working for Shelf the entire time I knew him. He lied, and acted like someone that cared for me. But all the while he was following the orders of Shelf. He was wrong, he knew a small fragment of what I could do.

"Well that was interesting," Jake said. "You're not a double agent too, right?"

"Of course not," I laughed.

"Wanna go for a swim?" He asked. He was already in his swimming suit. He went into the closet and pulled out a towel and song it over his shoulder.

"Sure, give me a second okay?" he nodded and went across the hall to the pool. I pulled on a blue bikini and went to the pool. I could see Jake sitting on the bottom of the deep end. I jumped in and hugged him.

"You ready for this mission?" He asked when he pulled us to the top.

"Not really. I might have to kill Randy. Not something I really wanna do."

"I'll do it," he said eagerly. I laughed, I didn't want Randy to die, but he was a target now, and targets had to be taken out.

"I'm sure you will." I laughed. "Now what were you going to tell me the other night?"

"Um... I'm tried of trying to look for what you and Randy had, because then I knew I guess I wouldn't have it because she was taken."

"Yeah we'll I'm back there now too, but who's this girl?" I asked nudgeing him with my elbow.

"Ah," he wasn't looking at me now.

"Can I guess?" I asked swimming in front of him, and trudged water. I think I know who is it, just not exactly sure. "She's worked with you for a while?" He nodded and I swam closer. "She's been with you through a lot?" he nodded. "She's your best friend?" He nodded, and smiled. Now I was about a foot in front of him. "Hmm, I don't know." I teased. He eyed me for a little while, and pulled me closer.

"She's here now." I looked behind me, teasing him. Yeah, I was flirting, so what. I don't know what it was, but being with Jake I would always forget about the day, and what was coming. I turned back to him and kissed him hard.

Remember when I said that I used to have a crush on Jake? Yeah maybe that wasn't completely the truth. Maybe it was hidden because I loved Randy, maybe I fought it because I knew that he could be hurt, honestly I don't know. Like I said before my life was suddenly one of those drama shows.

"That was better than I thought," he said, and kissed me again.

******

Today was the day. One of the most dangerous missions I've ever been on. Instead of two people going in, it would be about twenty of us. Jake and I, leading the mission. We were to go in as quietly as possible. Jake, Emma, her boyfriend, Niall and I would scale the building and go in from the top. Then come in, in groups of five. Some through the basement, some through the windows, some through the cellar. Sarah and our back up were assembled on the building opposite. Theyd be watching everything, giving us the advantage. The other agents had to capture, and kill as many men as possible, and Jake and I had to fight Randy and Shelf. Easy? Not exactly.