Chapter 5

Jake, Randy and I had to stay in the apartment on base. It was to dangerous for us to stay at the house. I was on the balconoly, glazing out at the city. The lights sparkled against the darkness. Night time has alway been my favorite time of day, when everything is quite, and nothing too crazy ever happens. Well I guess I shouldn't be saying that, being a spy most of the craziness happens at night. But tonight was quite, and I loved it. Today was terrible. Found out Randy is the target for the most dangerous killer, and he found out my sercet, and now I have to act like the wife to my best friend.weve only done it once before, about six years. That was interesting, we had to pretty much walk around, and dance then I had to go over to the target and act like the mot miserable person in the world. Then he took me to his room and I got information, and killed him.

I'll be honest i was kinda happy, because back then I had a little crush on Jake, but that was a long time ago. Now I love Randy, and now I have to act totally in love with Jake. Damn, I miss the days where being a spy meant going in missions, getting into trouble and taking out targets.

"Can't sleep?" I turned around and Jake was standing in the doorway. He was wearing sweatpants and no shirt.

"No, you?"

"Nah, I mean tomorrow is the most dangerous mission we've been on together, and we have to act married. Thatll be weird."

"Yeah, I know Randys not really okay with it, but he's not going to say anything because he knows it's not real."

"Yeah," he didn't say anything else, he just looked out on the city, and then turned to face me, and just stared.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just that, well I-"

"Jakey when I u coming back to bed?" I turned and saw a girl standing in the door where Jake was standing. She was about my height with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing his shirt.

"Go back to bed sweetness," he said. "I'll be there soon."

"Whose that?" She demanded.

"Vanessa, she's just a friend don't worry."

"Just as long as she's just a friend." She glared at me and then tiptoed over to Jake and kissed him. "Don't make me wait too long." And she disappeared behind the door.

"That the girl you're seeing? She's in college!"

"Yeah well, she's fun," he smiled.

"Yeah sure looks like it." I smirked. "Well good night, and don't keep her waiting to long." I teased.

"But I need to tell you something." he whispered.

"What?"

"Well, I , never mind. It can wait."

"You sure?"

"Yeah good night," he kissed my forehead and went back inside. I followed him. What the hell was that? I knew him, and I'm pretty sure he'd tell me later but still. I had no idea what was up with him lately. Ignoring what just happened as best as I could I walked back into my room and curdled up next to Randy, and eventually fell asleep.

******

"Now you two remember your mission right?" Sarah asked us. We were in the command center. Sarah, Randy and some other agents all had headsets on.

"Yeah, get there, mingle, act in love, plant cameras, and get him to invite us back." I answered.

"Yup, now you both look very nice. Get going you don't want to be late." Jake and I were ready. He was wearing a tux, the same tux he wore to our mission a few days ago. I was wearing a white cocktail dress with a sweetheart neck line. Jake easily hid his gun underwear his shirt on the small of his back. My friend, agent Emma Person helped me hid mine since it was hard with this dress. I ended up hiding five knifes straped to my tigh.