Chapter 44

Catra's POV

Fuck.

Everything wasn't okay.

I had finally gotten my life somewhat together, and especially. I've gotten Adora back to me, but now It was all going to crash back down.

My breaths came out as puffs as I stared at the door to the underground fight club. I have to fight, I have to lose and allow myself to get beat up.

I clenched my fists and almost felt like crying.

"Catra..are you okay?" Adora mumbled, noticing the way I was acting. I was attempting to hold in my nervousness all day. But it just couldn't hold when we approached the door closer and closer.

I breathed in slowly and closed my eyes.

"No"

I heard Adora hold her breath as she slowly reached for my hand, "You'll be alright..okay?"

I shook my head. She had no idea what situation I was in, in fact, the biggest thing I'm worried about is her watching me get beat up.

Adora took my silence as a note to continue, "You'll beat him, and we can make it to the top. We can get out of this. Be free"

Except I can't make it to the top. You can, I can't. I'm risking my life to be free. I don't know how strong that guy is. I'm a bird stuck between two rocks, in the end, no matter what decision I make I'll get hurt.

I let out a shaky breath and allowed Adora's words to sink in.

"Be free" I repeated, turning my head to look at Adora who was giving me a weak smile. My heart dropped a bit seeing the way she looked at me. She looked just as tired as I was, and her eyes were screaming that she wants out. She wants to be over with this as much as I was. That's all up to me. I'm the one who can give Adora that, the only one.

Adora slowly leaned down and pressed a lifeless kiss to my lips. My hand snaked up and pressed the palm of it to the back of her neck, making sure to keep her there for a bit longer.

"I love you"

Adora chuckled and stepped back a little, "I don't think I'll ever get used to you saying that"

"Good, I want it to be special each time" I smiled, dropping my hand back into hers. "Let's get this over with"

~~~~~~~~~

"Win for me," Adora's last words said to me before I stepped into the dark stadium before it was lit up, lights flowing through every part of the room. I had to cover my eyes to make sure I didn't become blind. After the lights finally simmered down, I looked around.

My eyes widened.

There were so many people surrounding the ring. And, one person in the audience caught my eye other than Adora.

Incredible, dark green eyes stared deep into mine. Who was that? Why..was he staring directly at me?

My thoughts were interrupted when a booming voice spoke from the loudspeaker. A couple of high-pitched scratches came before something was actually said.

"Welcome to the last found of the semi-finals! Wow, only 3 more rounds after this, and this whole shebang is done for! Before we get down to business, there is someone I'd like to introduce. The man. The one who has made this all possible, and the one who began this organization as a whole! Lord.....Hordak!"

Hordak..weird name. The same man with green eyes that held such a piercing gaze into me stood up and gave a simple nod before sitting back down. He looked prissy and rich. Having perfect slicked back hair, two bodyguards, and a simple black suit with a green tie. Our eyes reconnected probably noticing my gaze at him.