Chapter 36

Catra's POV

My mind went hazy as the door flew open before I could even open it. There stood Adora with a semi-angered expression, who was holding something I couldn't make out right away.

"Huh..what?" I mumbled, still nervous.

Adora scoffed and pulled me into the house and slammed the door.

"After I constantly told you to do so, I come downstairs and look in the fridge to see this?" She groaned.

I looked down expecting her to say the worst. I decided to keep quiet by not saying anything to Adora. Waiting to be shamed, and for her to leave me yet again.

"Speak for yourself, Catra. Geez," She then mumbled, her angered expression growing again.

I opened my mouth, "I-"

"You know I told you to throw the pizza in the trash or it was going to rot!" She growled, taking the pizza that was next to my backpack and showing it having mold and completely disgusting.

My eyes widened, wait. So it wasn't the files? Oh god, thank you. Thank you! I-I can just play this off perfectly. Come on, Catra. Don't ask anything stupi-

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, Adora. I won't ever do it again, and I..uh, you didn't happen to look in my backpack right?" My voice slightly cracked out of nervousness.

She turned her head since she was beginning to leave to throw the molded pizza in the trashcan, "No..why do you ask? I was too busy gagging because my girlfriend decided to not throw away something, which I said a billion times!"

My heart fluttered a bit from her calling me her 'girlfriend', and especially was relieved that I was safe, and she didn't find those files. I'm going to have to get back to DT and give them the files to hide for safekeeping.

I followed her and walked behind her, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..".

I grimaced at the sound of me trying to sound sincere, but It came off more of a tease. Adora clearly noticed.

"It isn't funny" She blushed.

"Awe, Adora. Don't be stuck up over a pizza, I'll throw it away next time" I promised, turning her around. She wasn't quite looking up at me.

I frowned and brought my finger under her chin, "C'mon. Are you mad at me~"

The blush on her face grew, "Yes.."

"I won't do it again" I pressed, trying to get her to look at me. Was she really this angry over a piece of pizza? Or was it something else she was mad about?

She finally looked up, something in her eye caught my attention. I couldn't help but feel scared for a second, but she covered it up with a smile.

"I'm kidding," She said, before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

I pushed away from the thoughts and kissed her back.

~~~~~~

It had been a few days since the day I thought that Adora had found out about the files, nothing seemed suspicious. A few days after, she acted normal. A huge relief came off my chest as the days went by and everything was fine. But my anxiety grew since today was going to be the day we face our first opponent in the fight club.

We were assigned different days we go against people, there are 5 rounds in a day. After defeating your opponent during one of the 5 rounds, you advance up to the next level. Adora fights on the second day, and if she wins. She also advances up to the next level. We repeat this process for the next 2 months and the last 2 people who are able to make it to the end, fight it out. I hope we don't have to fight each other, I don't want to hurt her anymore.